How to remove Password protection of a Word doc

Dan

      26th Jul 2009
I was experimenting with encryption and password protection of a Word file.
So, it's encrypted and password protected. I know the password. How can I
now get the file back to where it's NOT password protected anymore? Surely
there's some way to go in, using the password, and then turn it off?
--
Dan

Jay Freedman

      26th Jul 2009
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 17:50:00 -0700, Dan <drobertwhite@sbcglobaldon''tspam.net>
wrote:

>I was experimenting with encryption and password protection of a Word file.
>So, it's encrypted and password protected. I know the password. How can I
>now get the file back to where it's NOT password protected anymore? Surely
>there's some way to go in, using the password, and then turn it off?

Open the document by using the password. Open the same dialog where you applied
the password, blank out the boxes, click OK, and save the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman