How to remove favorite folders from Outlook 2003

J. McClary

      6th Aug 2004
I would prefer NOT to see the Favorites Folder in my outlook 2003 interface.
I want to see just "All mail folders" I can't see how to remove this. Can
anyone let me know how to make the "Favorite Folders" go away.

Thanks
(E-Mail Removed)

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      6th Aug 2004
Not possible.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"J. McClary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eNmxOP%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would prefer NOT to see the Favorites Folder in my outlook 2003

interface.
> I want to see just "All mail folders" I can't see how to remove this.

Can
> anyone let me know how to make the "Favorite Folders" go away.
>
> Thanks
> (E-Mail Removed)

Edward Singleterry

      13th Aug 2004
"J. McClary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<eNmxOP#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I would prefer NOT to see the Favorites Folder in my outlook 2003 interface.
> I want to see just "All mail folders" I can't see how to remove this. Can
> anyone let me know how to make the "Favorite Folders" go away.
>
> Thanks
> (E-Mail Removed)

I did it

=?Utf-8?B?U0Q=?=

      22nd Sep 2004
Can you share with us how you did it?

"Edward Singleterry" wrote:

> "J. McClary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<eNmxOP#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > I would prefer NOT to see the Favorites Folder in my outlook 2003 interface.
> > I want to see just "All mail folders" I can't see how to remove this. Can
> > anyone let me know how to make the "Favorite Folders" go away.
> >
> > Thanks
> > (E-Mail Removed)

> I did it

=?Utf-8?B?R2VuaVRyYWNlcg==?=

      20th Jan 2005
Hi all,

Thank you for sharing Edward...

I was able to do it as well

Solution (Worked for me):
1) Remove all items from 'Favorites Folder';
2) Add your 'Inbox' to the 'Favorites Folder' again;
3) Click on the 'Folder List' icon in your 'Navigation Pane'.

This removed my 'Favorites Folder'.

"J. McClary" wrote:

> I would prefer NOT to see the Favorites Folder in my outlook 2003 interface.
> I want to see just "All mail folders" I can't see how to remove this. Can
> anyone let me know how to make the "Favorite Folders" go away.
>
> Thanks
> (E-Mail Removed)

=?Utf-8?B?TXIgQg==?=

      16th Mar 2005
WOO HOO!. You Rock! Stupid Favirote Folders crap. And stupid MS for not
making it toggleable. Boooo.

"GeniTracer" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thank you for sharing Edward...
>
> I was able to do it as well
>
> Solution (Worked for me):
> 1) Remove all items from 'Favorites Folder';
> 2) Add your 'Inbox' to the 'Favorites Folder' again;
> 3) Click on the 'Folder List' icon in your 'Navigation Pane'.
>
> This removed my 'Favorites Folder'.
>

> "J. McClary" wrote:
>
> > I would prefer NOT to see the Favorites Folder in my outlook 2003 interface.
> > I want to see just "All mail folders" I can't see how to remove this. Can
> > anyone let me know how to make the "Favorite Folders" go away.
> >
> > Thanks
> > (E-Mail Removed)

New Member

      13th Jul 2006
Of course you realize that you could simply skip steps 1 and 2 and go directly to step 3.

However, the minute you select "Mail" from the Navigation pane it will return.

Thanks,

Neeva