How to Remove Busqueda Porn Toolbar

C.E. Jones

      23rd Nov 2003
Hi,

I have a client who has an IE6 toolbar called Busqueda. When you click on
the star on the toolbar, it takes you to a Hispanic porn website. I've done
a google search to see how to remove the toolbar, but all the instructions
are in Spanish.

The computer has Windows ME with the latest Internet Explorer 6. I installed
and ran SpyBot and Ad Aware. I did not try the Hijack program. They did not
remove the toolbar. I went to the control panel, checked out Add/Remove and
removed any programs I thought might take the toolbar off. I went into the
registry, but, couldn't find any references to the toolbar.

I'll have the client download and run HijackThis. Outside of that, I'd like
to know how to manually find or restore Internet Explorer to it's original
settings with the original toolbars.

I'll check back here for answers. Also, you can e-mail me at
cjonesjr#cox.nospam.net. Replace the # with @ and take out nospam to use my
valid mail address. If you reply to the yahoo address, it will bounce back
to you.

Thanks,

C.E. Jones

Ramesh [MVP]

      23rd Nov 2003
Get ToolbarCop:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/utils/ToolbarCop.exe

ToolbarCop removes the Toolbars, Toolbar buttons and unwanted
menu-extensions from Internet Explorer. It does not remove the spyware from
the system entirely. It is advisable to run Ad-Aware scan
(www.lavasoftusa.com), if the toolbar entries are not removed. Did you
update Ad-Aware before scanning?

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

~ Please reply to newsgroup ~

"C.E. Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

I'll give it a try. Yes, as per the posts on this newsgroup, I updated
Spybot and Ad Adaware before I scanned for spyware.

"Ramesh [MVP]" <sramesh2k@REMOV_NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Get ToolbarCop:
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/utils/ToolbarCop.exe
>
> ToolbarCop removes the Toolbars, Toolbar buttons and unwanted
> menu-extensions from Internet Explorer. It does not remove the spyware

from
> the system entirely. It is advisable to run Ad-Aware scan
> (www.lavasoftusa.com), if the toolbar entries are not removed. Did you
> update Ad-Aware before scanning?
>
> --
> Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
> ~ Please reply to newsgroup ~
>

> "C.E. Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a client who has an IE6 toolbar called Busqueda. When you click on
> the star on the toolbar, it takes you to a Hispanic porn website. I've

done
> a google search to see how to remove the toolbar, but all the instructions
> are in Spanish.
>
> The computer has Windows ME with the latest Internet Explorer 6. I

installed
> and ran SpyBot and Ad Aware. I did not try the Hijack program. They did

not
> remove the toolbar. I went to the control panel, checked out Add/Remove

and
> removed any programs I thought might take the toolbar off. I went into the
> registry, but, couldn't find any references to the toolbar.
>
> I'll have the client download and run HijackThis. Outside of that, I'd

like
> to know how to manually find or restore Internet Explorer to it's original
> settings with the original toolbars.
>
> I'll check back here for answers. Also, you can e-mail me at
> cjonesjr#cox.nospam.net. Replace the # with @ and take out nospam to use

my
> valid mail address. If you reply to the yahoo address, it will bounce back
> to you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> C.E. Jones

H Leboeuf

      24th Nov 2003
If still having difficulties, get help from this forum.

Go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.php#det
Download "Hijack This!" [freeware] or download direct (below):
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

If you get a 404 error or Access denied, try:
http://216.180.252.218/~spywareinfo....hijackthis.zip

Unzip, double-click "HijackThis.exe" and Press "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log"
button.
Click: "Save Log" (generates "hijackthis.log")

Next, HijackThis | Config [button] | Misc Tools [button]
Click: Generate StartupList log [button] (generates "startuplist.txt")

Next, go to the below location:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

Sign in, then copy and paste both files in your message.

HijackThis Quick Start Help
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

--

Henri Leboeuf