Remote WinUpdate withour WSUS

=?Utf-8?B?bWFycw==?=

      26th Jul 2005
I have a win2000 server on the network running our accounting software.
There is one computer on the network with WinXP that can be plugged into the
internet for temprary updates. How can I use this setup to remote update
terminals on the network via the winXP machine and not the win2000 server
which I do not want to connect to the internet?

maximillianx

      1st Aug 2005
You may want to look at a package like St. Bernard, GFI or Shavlik. You can
(I know for sure for GFI and Shavlik) deploy updates from your workstation.

I have a vbscript that can help you for computers during logon.
http://uphold2001.brinkster.net/vbshf/forum. You can also deploy updates
remotely from a workstation or configure it as a startup script.

Working with the qfile (the central index that VBSHF works from) is a bit
tedious, but the system does work.

Rob

news:(E-Mail Removed)...