Remote Procedure Call terminates

Tonja

      11th Nov 2003
I keep getting a RPC Remote Procedure Call terminates
prematurely and my entire computer shuts down. Usually
it does this three or four times in a row when I start up
and connect to the internet. Eventually, it doesn't give
me the error and I can keep working on the internet.
The message says this order comes from NT
System/Authority or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated as I am clueless why my
computer keeps doing this.

Bored

      11th Nov 2003
Sounds like the Blaster Worm/Lovsan
First, stop the bug from running by hitting CTRL-ALT-DELETE and
bringing up the task manager. Look for msblast.exe in the list, and
kill it. Now your computer won't shut down, but the bug is still there
and will run the next time you start your machine. Go to this URL to
find out how to get rid of it:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

See www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm#rpc
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm
for a quick removal tool for the
MSBlast worm and a link to the Microsoft patch to prevent future infection.
Then update your antivirus software and scan your system.

"Tonja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:10de01c3a867$edb62160$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I keep getting a RPC Remote Procedure Call terminates
> prematurely and my entire computer shuts down. Usually
> it does this three or four times in a row when I start up
> and connect to the internet. Eventually, it doesn't give
> me the error and I can keep working on the internet.
> The message says this order comes from NT
> System/Authority or something like that.
>
> Any help would be appreciated as I am clueless why my
> computer keeps doing this.

Venkatesh

      11th Nov 2003

Howdy,

You got Blaster worm virus!!

Download 2 sets of patches:

Patch #1:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs edits/msblast.vbs

Patch #2:

** Fix from Microsoft **

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp
url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-039.asp

HTH

???`?.(*?.?(`?.? ?.??)?.?*).??`??
?.............. Venky ...............?
???`?.(?.??(?.?* *?.?)`?.?).??`??

Venkatesh [MCSD] [CCNA]

Marc Reynolds [MSFT]

      11th Nov 2003
It appears your computer has been infected with the Blaster virus. For more
information and how to fix this please see follow this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/main.asp

Thanks,
Marc Reynolds
Microsoft Technical Support

--------------------
>From: "Tonja" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Sender: "Tonja" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: Remote Procedure Call terminates
>Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:24:41 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
>
>I keep getting a RPC Remote Procedure Call terminates
>prematurely and my entire computer shuts down. Usually
>it does this three or four times in a row when I start up
>and connect to the internet. Eventually, it doesn't give
>me the error and I can keep working on the internet.
>The message says this order comes from NT
>System/Authority or something like that.
>
>Any help would be appreciated as I am clueless why my
>computer keeps doing this.

Bruce Chambers

      11th Nov 2003
Greetings --

If you've connected the PC to the Internet without having first
enabling a firewall, without having first installed an antivirus
application with current virus definition files, and/or before
installing the KB824146 Hotfix, you're very likely to have been
infected from any of the thousands of PCs on the Internet that are
constantly broadcasting the Blaster and/or Welchia worms. It only
takes a few seconds of exposure.

To stay on-line long enough to get the necessary updates, patches,
and removal tools, click Start > Run, and enter "shutdown -a" when the
next RPC countdown begins. This will abort the shut down. Also, make
sure you've enabled a firewall before starting, to preclude any more
intrusions while getting the updates/patches/tools.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-39
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=824146

What You Should Know About the Blaster Worm

W32.Blaster.Worm a.k.a. W32/Lovesan.Worm
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...ster.worm.html

W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...oval.tool.html

W32.Welchia.Worm a.k.a. W32/Nachi.Worm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...chia.worm.html

W32.Welchia.Worm Removal Tool
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...oval.tool.html

McAfee AVERT Stinger
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=stinger

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Tonja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:10de01c3a867$edb62160$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I keep getting a RPC Remote Procedure Call terminates
> prematurely and my entire computer shuts down. Usually
> it does this three or four times in a row when I start up
> and connect to the internet. Eventually, it doesn't give
> me the error and I can keep working on the internet.
> The message says this order comes from NT
> System/Authority or something like that.
>
> Any help would be appreciated as I am clueless why my
> computer keeps doing this.

User

      11th Nov 2003
Lot's of great posts, But if they can't stay on line long
enough to get the fix they don't do much good !!!!!!

Tell them how to shut it down !!!!!!!!

Bruce Chambers

      11th Nov 2003
Greetings --

As my post said, click Start > Run, and enter "shutdown -a" when
the next RPC countdown begins. This will abort the shut down.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

news:12a501c3a878$0b2100c0$(E-Mail Removed)...