Remote Desktop-without logging current user off

=?Utf-8?B?cGVuZHJhZ29uX2Zhbg==?=

      16th Jun 2005
I am a network administrator. Is there a way I can connect via Remote desktop
with the current user of the other computer still able to use the computer?

Matt Gibson

      16th Jun 2005
No.

There are methods which will let you do this, but involve things that are
not supported or endorsed by Microsoft.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"pendragon_fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am a network administrator. Is there a way I can connect via Remote
>desktop
> with the current user of the other computer still able to use the
> computer?

Sooner Al [MVP]

      16th Jun 2005
As Matt noted that is not normally supported with Remote Desktop... There is a shadow function that
may work for you...

If this is a "Help Desk" function you could also look into using Remote Assistance...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ist/intro.mspx

You can even "offer" assistance since your in a domain environment...

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"pendragon_fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am a network administrator. Is there a way I can connect via Remote desktop
> with the current user of the other computer still able to use the computer?

Sooner Al [MVP]

      16th Jun 2005
Correction... That should read...

"You can even "offer" assistance if your in a domain environment..."

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Sooner Al [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> As Matt noted that is not normally supported with Remote Desktop... There is a shadow function
> that may work for you...

> If this is a "Help Desk" function you could also look into using Remote Assistance...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ist/intro.mspx
>
> You can even "offer" assistance since your in a domain environment...

> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "pendragon_fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am a network administrator. Is there a way I can connect via Remote desktop
>> with the current user of the other computer still able to use the computer?

New Member

      12th Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?cGVuZHJhZ29uX2Zhbg==?= View Post
I am a network administrator. Is there a way I can connect via Remote desktop
with the current user of the other computer still able to use the computer?
The reason that remote desktop doesn't allow you to do this is because of user licenses. normally windows is made to use 1 license per pc. So you cannot use concurrent users. It shows you one user at a time as the license determines this. To hack this, use this guide and you will be able to use the same machine to host concurrent accounts. it works.

http://www.missingremote.com/guide/h...ice-pack-1-rtm

For windows 7 without service pack:

http://www.missingremote.com/guide/h...on=node%2F3447

Nicely done....