PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Remote Desktop Data Encryption Error

 
 
Joe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      5th Aug 2003
I keep getting "Because of an error in data encryption,
this session will end. Please try connecting to remote
computer again". This only happens when I connect to one
particular computer. I have three computer that I remote
desktop on but only one gives me this error.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
bigred
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      5th Aug 2003
I'm getting the exact same error...it's very frustrating!
Any help would be greatly appreciated...why is this
happening?

>-----Original Message-----
>I keep getting "Because of an error in data encryption,
>this session will end. Please try connecting to remote
>computer again". This only happens when I connect to one
>particular computer. I have three computer that I remote
>desktop on but only one gives me this error.
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Todd F
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      6th Aug 2003
I am getting the same encryption error while connecting to a Microsoft
2003 server from a Windows 2000 Pro client using the latest Remote
Desktop client that was released in May '03. Any ideas or suggestions
for this issue would be appreciated.



"bigred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<040401c35b7f$b0fef920$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I'm getting the exact same error...it's very frustrating!
> Any help would be greatly appreciated...why is this
> happening?
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >I keep getting "Because of an error in data encryption,
> >this session will end. Please try connecting to remote
> >computer again". This only happens when I connect to one
> >particular computer. I have three computer that I remote
> >desktop on but only one gives me this error.
> >.
> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeffrey Randow (MVP)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10th Aug 2003
This error isn't easy to diagnose - the main cause is network
corruption/transmission problems, but an update (sevice
pack/hotfix/etc) that wasn't installed properly can do the same thing.

Jeffrey Randow (Windows MVP - Networking & Smart Display)
(E-Mail Removed)

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Wiki -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Smart Display Support - http://www.smartdisplays.us
Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

On 6 Aug 2003 06:49:36 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Todd F)
wrote:

>I am getting the same encryption error while connecting to a Microsoft
>2003 server from a Windows 2000 Pro client using the latest Remote
>Desktop client that was released in May '03. Any ideas or suggestions
>for this issue would be appreciated.
>
>
>
>"bigred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<040401c35b7f$b0fef920$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> I'm getting the exact same error...it's very frustrating!
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated...why is this
>> happening?
>>
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >I keep getting "Because of an error in data encryption,
>> >this session will end. Please try connecting to remote
>> >computer again". This only happens when I connect to one
>> >particular computer. I have three computer that I remote
>> >desktop on but only one gives me this error.
>> >.
>> >


 
Reply With Quote
 
Harris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Aug 2003

>-----Original Message-----
>I'm getting the exact same error...it's very

frustrating!
>Any help would be greatly appreciated...why is this
>happening?
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>I keep getting "Because of an error in data encryption,
>>this session will end. Please try connecting to remote
>>computer again". This only happens when I connect to

one
>>particular computer. I have three computer that I

remote
>>desktop on but only one gives me this error.
>>.
>>

>.I am getting the SAME error; on my LAN, I have no

problem connecting to the server, but via the internet, I
get the error. On my LINKSYS router, I have port 3389
opened under FORWARDING, but this didn't correct the
error.

Someone said that this is a Linksys Router problem, but I
am doubting this, as the problem occurs with other users
without this router.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.


>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeffrey Randow (MVP)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Aug 2003
There are a few issues with Linksys Routers with recent firmware and
Remote Desktop. Take a look at the Linksys forum at
http://www.dslreports.com for more information.

Jeffrey Randow (Windows MVP - Networking & Smart Display)
(E-Mail Removed)

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Wiki -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Smart Display Support - http://www.smartdisplays.net
Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:26:45 -0700, "Harris" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>I'm getting the exact same error...it's very

>frustrating!
>>Any help would be greatly appreciated...why is this
>>happening?
>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>I keep getting "Because of an error in data encryption,
>>>this session will end. Please try connecting to remote
>>>computer again". This only happens when I connect to

>one
>>>particular computer. I have three computer that I

>remote
>>>desktop on but only one gives me this error.
>>>.
>>>

>>.I am getting the SAME error; on my LAN, I have no

>problem connecting to the server, but via the internet, I
>get the error. On my LINKSYS router, I have port 3389
>opened under FORWARDING, but this didn't correct the
>error.
>
>Someone said that this is a Linksys Router problem, but I
>am doubting this, as the problem occurs with other users
>without this router.
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dennis Vacca
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Aug 2003

>-----Original Message-----
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>I'm getting the exact same error...it's very

>frustrating!
>>Any help would be greatly appreciated...why is this
>>happening?
>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>I keep getting "Because of an error in data

encryption,
>>>this session will end. Please try connecting to remote
>>>computer again". This only happens when I connect to

>one
>>>particular computer. I have three computer that I

>remote
>>>desktop on but only one gives me this error.
>>>.
>>>

>>.I am getting the SAME error; on my LAN, I have no

>problem connecting to the server, but via the internet,

I
>get the error. On my LINKSYS router, I have port 3389
>opened under FORWARDING, but this didn't correct the
>error.
>
>Someone said that this is a Linksys Router problem, but

I
>am doubting this, as the problem occurs with other users
>without this router.
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>
>>

>.

I am having this same problem and I am using a Linksys
Router. Now that I think about it, I've just upgraded
the firmware too. Anyone have any input? I am on my way
now to check the Linksys Website. I'll post back if I
find anything out.
 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1
 
      21st Jan 2007
Re: Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end.
Thanks!

I believe the article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323497

has helped to correct the problem.
 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1
 
      25th Feb 2008
Hi folks, have has a bit of same issue, in short, found that with my nvidia setup on machine, i let it install its network manager which interfered with microsoft encruption scheme (even though I didn't "use it"), when i uninstalled nvidia's network access manager, problem dissappereaer. No offense to nvidia or others but like all 3rd party venders, if they offer something that does what is already built into windows, then better off not installing it, windows likes only taling to istef in its own language.. 8-)
 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1
 
      14th Sep 2009
I know this is an old thread but the problem still exists.

Ok, been running Windows Server 2008 for about a year. Windows Update stopped working about a 2 weeks after setting up the server. Also, RDP was always spotty. Disconnect instantly on connect or sometimes would give you a minute or two. But was alway that encryption error.

Anyway go to NIC properties and DISABLE "offload TCP Largesend" Once I did this, I lost remote desktop for a few minutes then it came back automatically. Haven't lost the connection sense and it has been about an hour. I decided to try my update again and it is working!!!! That one change fixed both remote desktop and windows updates!

I couldn't find answers to either of these problems anywhere but this works.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remote Desktop - Data Encryption Error b Windows XP Work Remotely 1 3rd Mar 2009 07:53 PM
Remote Desktop issue - Data Encryption error b Windows XP Help 0 3rd Mar 2009 04:44 PM
Encryption large amount of data by using Asymmetric encryption. Bart Microsoft C# .NET 1 3rd Dec 2004 10:30 AM
Data Encryption Error - Remote Desktop Connection Jeff Buehrle Windows XP Work Remotely 4 6th Apr 2004 11:35 PM
data encryption error with remote desktop Rod Windows XP Work Remotely 6 21st Nov 2003 03:27 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:05 AM.