Remote Desktop Command Line

Jack

      25th Feb 2005
Hi,

I'm trying to run the remote desktop from the command line.
I used -- mstsc /console /v:166.122.91.11 , and I got
into the remote, but asked for the password. Is there a
way to pass the remote's password from the command line so
I only have to run 1 command line?

Jack

Vera Noest [MVP]

      25th Feb 2005
Save your servername, username, password and other options in an
rdpfile and use the rdpfile on the command line.

type mstsc /? for command line options

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote on 25 feb 2005 in
microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run the remote desktop from the command line.
> I used -- mstsc /console /v:166.122.91.11 , and I got
> into the remote, but asked for the password. Is there a
> way to pass the remote's password from the command line so
> I only have to run 1 command line?
>

> Jack

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBNY0NveQ==?=

      26th Feb 2005
Thank You

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> Save your servername, username, password and other options in an
> rdpfile and use the rdpfile on the command line.
>
> type mstsc /? for command line options
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote on 25 feb 2005 in
> microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to run the remote desktop from the command line.
> > I used -- mstsc /console /v:166.122.91.11 , and I got
> > into the remote, but asked for the password. Is there a
> > way to pass the remote's password from the command line so
> > I only have to run 1 command line?
> >

> > Jack

      2nd Mar 2005
Thanks for your help.

Jack

      2nd Mar 2005
Only one question. Where can I find the format for the
rdpfile?

Jack

Vera Noest [MVP]

      2nd Mar 2005
It's plain text, you can open it in notepad.
But you can't put in the password in cleartext.
Or maybe you mean: what are the possible entries in the rdp file?
Check here:

885187 - Remote Desktop Protocol settings in Windows Server 2003
and in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=885187

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote on 02 mar 2005 in
microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps:

> Only one question. Where can I find the format for the
> rdpfile?
>
> Jack

New Member

      18th Jan 2011
hi all
I have a problem that i want to hide box of remote desktop where connect => the user who connect will not know that they remote desktop

Thank for all