remembering screen positions

Chris

      1st Apr 2007
Is there a way in XP for the computer to remember the windows
positions during a reboot. Similar to hybernating but just
remembering where and the size of the windows.

Thanks,
Chris

Panic

      1st Apr 2007

> Is there a way in XP for the computer to remember the windows
> positions during a reboot. Similar to hybernating but just
> remembering where and the size of the windows.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I wouldn't think so since Windows shuts down all running programs as part of
its shutdown procedure (I think).
When it shuts down the programs that closes all windows before the final
shutdown. So when you reboot not only will the windows NOT be in the
previous positions.... they will not be open at all.

Wesley Vogel

      1st Apr 2007
Try this.

Open Folder Options....
Start | Run | Type: control folders | Click OK |
View tab | Select both: Remember each folder's view settings and Restore
previous folder windows at logon

Remember each folder's view settings
[[Specifies that the individual folder settings are retained whenever you
close and then reopen the folder. When this box is not selected, all folder
settings return to the default when the folder is closed and then
reopened.]]

Restore previous folder windows at logon
[[Specifies that the folder and browser windows you leave open when you log
off from your computer will be restored the next time you log on to your
computer.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> Is there a way in XP for the computer to remember the windows
> positions during a reboot. Similar to hybernating but just
> remembering where and the size of the windows.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

=?Utf-8?B?Tmljaw==?=

      26th May 2007
What if I do not want top re-open all the last windows but I do want to keep
the windows size and positions unchnanged from boot to boot?? This is really
pain for me too to always manually restore all the windows sizes and
positions. It appears that there is no clear mechanism to achieve that
automatically.