How to release and renew ip address remotely(by passing administrative credentials)?

parikhhiral@gmail.com

      24th Sep 2006
Hi

Is there any way/script to release and renew ip address of multiple
machines remotely?
Details: We have around 40 machines in a LAN. Every day, at a
particular time, these machines are used by different user, for
different kind of work so we have to switch these machines' vlan
(because these users have totally different set of requirements) and
need to release their currnet ip and get a new ip (from new vlan) by
renewing it. Both the vlans have DHCP configured. I am able to release
all the machines' ip addresses (using psexec utility) but as the ip has
released, I am loosing the connection to all these machines and am not
able to renew it.

Another problem is, these users have limited authority so I can not run
any script on these machines without passing administrative
credentials. RunAs command only takes username but not the password so
its not useful in this case.

Please someone suggest me a way to do this job remotely and avoid
manual work.

Thanks in advance.

Hiral

Pegasus \(MVP\)

      24th Sep 2006

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Is there any way/script to release and renew ip address of multiple
> machines remotely?
> Details: We have around 40 machines in a LAN. Every day, at a
> particular time, these machines are used by different user, for
> different kind of work so we have to switch these machines' vlan
> (because these users have totally different set of requirements) and
> need to release their currnet ip and get a new ip (from new vlan) by
> renewing it. Both the vlans have DHCP configured. I am able to release
> all the machines' ip addresses (using psexec utility) but as the ip has
> released, I am loosing the connection to all these machines and am not
> able to renew it.
>
> Another problem is, these users have limited authority so I can not run
> any script on these machines without passing administrative
> credentials. RunAs command only takes username but not the password so
> its not useful in this case.
>
> Please someone suggest me a way to do this job remotely and avoid
> manual work.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Hiral

Rather than using psexec.exe to relese the IP addresses, use
it to run a local batch file that releases and renews the leases:

@echo off
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

3c273

      25th Sep 2006
Create a batch file on each machine and execute that with psexec. Something
like:

ipconfig /release
ping -n 5 localhost
ipconfig /renew