Reinstall/ Reactivation

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaHVh?=

      23rd Jul 2007
Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because
going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i
had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate
however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)

Brett I. Holcomb

      23rd Jul 2007
When you are told this select the phone activation option, call the
number and explain you changed motherboard. They'll give you the codes
to reactivate.

Joshua wrote:
> Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because
> going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
> purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i
> had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate
> however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
> How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
> Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bEI=?=

      23rd Jul 2007
When you try to activate, it will offer options to activate by phone. Do
that, it will not cost a thing.
--
Paul

"Joshua" wrote:

> Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because
> going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
> purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i
> had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate
> however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
> How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
> Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaHVh?=

      23rd Jul 2007
The only option i have is to activate Vista online, what is the phone number
i need to call?

"Joshua" wrote:

> Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because
> going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
> purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i
> had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate
> however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
> How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
> Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      23rd Jul 2007
You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
(w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.
The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Â*-----

"Joshua" wrote:

> Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because
> going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
> purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i
> had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate
> however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
> How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
> Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaHVh?=

      23rd Jul 2007
No items match my searh of "slui.exe 4"

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
> (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.
> The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------Â*-----
>
> "Joshua" wrote:
>
> The only option i have is to activate Vista online, what is the phone number
> i need to call?
>
> "Joshua" wrote:
>
> > Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because
> > going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
> > purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i
> > had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate
> > however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
> > How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
> > Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)

Dave

      23rd Jul 2007
the program is slui.exe
the 4 is a parameter

you can also hit Winkey-R
and type "slui 4" in the command box (no quotes)

"Joshua" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No items match my searh of "slui.exe 4"
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
>> (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
>> Enter.
>> The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows - Shell/User
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------Â*-----
>>
>> "Joshua" wrote:
>>
>> The only option i have is to activate Vista online, what is the phone
>> number
>> i need to call?
>>
>> "Joshua" wrote:
>>
>> > Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install
>> > because
>> > going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
>> > purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware
>> > change i
>> > had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to
>> > activate
>> > however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in
>> > use.
>> > How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
>> > Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      23rd Jul 2007
Type in: slui.exe 4 in the "Start Search" box,
not the "Search" box. It's right above the
Vista blue start button when you click on it.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Â*-----

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
> (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.
> The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------Â*-----
>
> "Joshua" wrote:
>
> The only option i have is to activate Vista online, what is the phone number
> i need to call?
>
> "Joshua" wrote:
>
> > Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because
> > going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
> > purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i
> > had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate
> > however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
> > How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
> > Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaHVh?=

      23rd Jul 2007
Thanks

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Type in: slui.exe 4 in the "Start Search" box,
> not the "Search" box. It's right above the
> Vista blue start button when you click on it.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------Â*-----
>

> "Joshua" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No items match my searh of "slui.exe 4"
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
> > (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.
> > The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows - Shell/User
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------Â*-----
> >
> > "Joshua" wrote:
> >
> > The only option i have is to activate Vista online, what is the phone number
> > i need to call?
> >
> > "Joshua" wrote:
> >
> > > Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because
> > > going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
> > > purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i
> > > had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate
> > > however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
> > > How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
> > > Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)

dee martellini

      21st Oct 2010
i am getting to reactivate windows and i am putting in slui.exe 4 but not getting the phone number and you help