How to reinstall explorer.exe ?

=?Utf-8?B?R29vb2Q=?=

      14th Oct 2005
hello !

How to reinstall explorer.exe ?

=?Utf-8?B?R29vb2Q=?=

      14th Oct 2005
no need the file, need to set.
one setting is corrupt or missing in the registry but i don't know where.
(i think a shell extention)

=?Utf-8?B?QXNobGVpZ2g=?=

      14th Oct 2005
How did you delete it?

It should be part of System monitor and not let you delete it, but if you
have try (obviosly from task manager) sfc /scannow

That should then try repair the missing files for you. You could just try
expanding it from the cd as well, or if you can download SP2 and install it,
that 'Should' repair it.

Ashleigh

"Goood" wrote:

> hello !
>
> How to reinstall explorer.exe ?

=?Utf-8?B?QXNobGVpZ2g=?=

      14th Oct 2005
You should re-try installing SP2. That should reset all the settings for the
core infastructure.

"Goood" wrote:

> no need the file, need to set.
> one setting is corrupt or missing in the registry but i don't know where.
> (i think a shell extention)

Peter Foldes

      14th Oct 2005
Why and what error messages are you getting?

--
Peter

"Goood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello !
>
> How to reinstall explorer.exe ?

=?Utf-8?B?R29vb2Q=?=

      15th Oct 2005
I tryed it ...
No solve my problem.
I tryed to reinstall XP too.
No solve my problem.
I watched my registry and i see that all old settings stay after reinstall.
Wanted to restore all default explorer settings in registry.

=?Utf-8?B?R29vb2Q=?=

      15th Oct 2005
I can't have pictures in folders icons in trumbnail mode.

=?Utf-8?B?R29vb2Q=?=

      18th Oct 2005
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll