Registry Editing has Been disabled by your administrator

Jared Bassett

      7th Aug 2003
I log into my computer as administrator, and when I try to
run regedit, it gives me the error "Registry Editing has
Been disabled by your administrator". I have never made
any changes to the local policy prior to this. I set it
back to default, and still cant get in. I have never even
opened up the registry on this machine, so I don't know
how long ago this problem started.
Any suggestions would be gratly appreciated. I could find
nothing in the microsoft support about it.

Dave Patrick

      7th Aug 2003
Use the Group policy editor
%windir%\system32\gpedit.msc
User Config\Admin Templates\System\Prevent Access To registry Editing Tools=
"Not Configured"

--
Regards,

Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]

"Jared Bassett" wrote:
> I log into my computer as administrator, and when I try to
> run regedit, it gives me the error "Registry Editing has
> Been disabled by your administrator". I have never made
> any changes to the local policy prior to this. I set it
> back to default, and still cant get in. I have never even
> opened up the registry on this machine, so I don't know
> how long ago this problem started.
> Any suggestions would be gratly appreciated. I could find
> nothing in the microsoft support about it.

jared

      26th Aug 2003
It worked by the way. Thanks.

newsgroup.
>Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]
>
>"Jared Bassett" wrote:
>> I log into my computer as administrator, and when I try

>> run regedit, it gives me the error "Registry Editing has
>> Been disabled by your administrator". I have never made
>> any changes to the local policy prior to this. I set it
>> back to default, and still cant get in. I have never

even
>> opened up the registry on this machine, so I don't know
>> how long ago this problem started.
>> Any suggestions would be gratly appreciated. I could

find
>> nothing in the microsoft support about it.

>.

jared

      26th Aug 2003
It worked by the way. Thanks.

newsgroup.
>Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]
>
>"Jared Bassett" wrote:
>> I log into my computer as administrator, and when I try

>> run regedit, it gives me the error "Registry Editing has
>> Been disabled by your administrator". I have never made
>> any changes to the local policy prior to this. I set it
>> back to default, and still cant get in. I have never

even
>> opened up the registry on this machine, so I don't know
>> how long ago this problem started.
>> Any suggestions would be gratly appreciated. I could

find
>> nothing in the microsoft support about it.

>.

Dave Patrick

      26th Aug 2003
You're welcome.

--

"jared" wrote:
> It worked by the way. Thanks.

Dave Patrick

      26th Aug 2003
You're welcome.

--

"jared" wrote:
> It worked by the way. Thanks.

New Member

      22nd Jul 2006
Administrator does not disable registry editing its the bloody virus called rontokbro@mm. you can remove the virus but enable registy editing you will need the tool provided by symantec on their web site http://securityresponse.symantec.com...stry.keys.html you can also learn about rontokbro@mm on this site. 1)download the inf file 2)rightclick it and choose install appearently nothing happens but amaizingly registry editing is enabled type regedit on command prompt or RUN and enjoy.

New Member

      24th Jul 2006
hi all
my LAN Admin deny the access to my internet options & regedit & remove the Run from start menu ,
i wanna to get access for all ,
note that i can not access the regedit even from my local drive c:\winnt\regedit
theMsg apeare is : registry editing has been disabled by your administrator

so pls help me , give me the solution

Last edited by suspect; 24th Jul 2006 at 02:50 PM..

New Member

      31st Jul 2006
hey dose any one knows of the kbexe file for win2k/xp win2k tis what i have and it needs an uaa hd audeo buss driver which is were the kb exe comes in
i am sure microsoft has it so any help will be aprecate
oh by the way if you have real tec hd try this
winamp/set realteck setings to underwater or carpet room
heres the secret about audetorem live
ues the latest relase of realplayer, go to realtec control panel set to
auditoram or concert hall /live/7.1 test your sound use what ever setings work i use 7.1 although win 2k only suports 5.1 which is fale with the sound card driver wich gose up to 7.1