registration

lappybmw

      31st Jan 2004
wWhen i ran the pc from the start i have had no
registrations to compleat do i need to register my new xp
or have dell done this

Rifleman

      31st Jan 2004
"lappybmw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7add01c3e7de$33b742b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> wWhen i ran the pc from the start i have had no
> registrations to compleat do i need to register my new xp
> or have dell done this

You are getting confused between "Activation" and "Registration". Activation
is compulsory, is needed unless you want your OS to run only in Safe mode,
and may have been done by your vendor if XP was pre-installed. Registration
is NOT compulsory.

Steve C. Ray

      31st Jan 2004
Your Dell came pre-activated, so you don't need to.

--
Steve C. Ray