PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Registering FLVSplitter.ax

 
 
species8350
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Aug 2009
Hi,

I am having difficulty registering FLVSplitter.ax

I copied this file to windpws/system32.

I clicked the.ax file, selected Properties, then clicked Change.
Browsed to System32, selected regsvr32.exe, clicked Open, then OK.

I then clicked on the ax file to register it.

I got the message:

"module c:\windows\system32\FLVSplitter.ax was loaded, but call to
DLLRegister Server Failed

Error Code: 0x80070005"

Help please

Thanks

S

Ps. Should I now try and register the file using cmd.exe instead?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ǝиçεl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Aug 2009
The 0x80070005 is an access denied message -
One of the most common causes of this erroя code is
the Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software programs
running on the computer.

You can try turning them off and then try the updates again.

Keep the fiяewall on though.

Virus scanning recommendations for computers that
are яunning Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158>

Otherwise you'll need to contact MS for further assistance -

How to obtain assistance from MS Support

To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
International Support Web site:
<https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

To make sure you receive the appropriate support
information for your location, select your region setting from the list and
then click the aяяow button
--
I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in
the U.S. or Canada.

Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the
number for paid suppoяt in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus
or security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as
well.

If you /clearly/ state that a specific update has caused
problems and don't ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge
suppoяt for the issue.

Good luck
-=-


Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

"species8350" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having difficulty registering FLVSplitter.ax
>
> I copied this file to windpws/system32.
>
> I clicked the.ax file, selected Properties, then clicked Change.
> Browsed to System32, selected regsvr32.exe, clicked Open, then OK.
>
> I then clicked on the ax file to register it.
>
> I got the message:
>
> "module c:\windows\system32\FLVSplitter.ax was loaded, but call to
> DLLRegister Server Failed
>
> Error Code: 0x80070005"
>
> Help please
>
> Thanks
>
> S
>
> Ps. Should I now try and register the file using cmd.exe instead?
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
species8350
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Aug 2009
On Aug 14, 1:07*am, Ǝиçεl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The 0x80070005 is an access denied message -
> One of the most common causes of this erroя code is
> the Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software programs
> running on the computer.
>
> You can try turning them off and then try the updates again.
>
> Keep the fiяewall on though.
>
> Virus scanning recommendations for computers that
> are яunning Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158> *
>
> Otherwise you'll need to contact MS for further assistance -
>
> How to obtain assistance from MS Support
>
> To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
> International Support Web site:
> <https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx> *
>
> To make sure you receive the appropriate support
> information for your location, select your region setting from the list and
> then click the aяяow button
> --
> I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in
> the U.S. or Canada.
>
> Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the
> number for paid suppoяt in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus
> or security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as
> well.
>
> If you /clearly/ state that a specific update has caused
> problems and don't ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge
> suppoяt for the issue.
>
> Good luck
> -=-
>
> Ǝиçεl
> *◕‿◕
> *-=-
>
>
>
> "species8350" wrote:
> > Hi,

>
> > I am having difficulty registering FLVSplitter.ax

>
> > I copied this file to windpws/system32.

>
> > I clicked the.ax file, selected Properties, then clicked Change.
> > Browsed to System32, selected regsvr32.exe, clicked Open, then OK.

>
> > I then clicked on the ax file to register it.

>
> > I got the message:

>
> > "module c:\windows\system32\FLVSplitter.ax was loaded, but call to
> > DLLRegister Server Failed

>
> > Error Code: 0x80070005"

>
> > Help please

>
> > Thanks

>
> > S

>
> > Ps. Should I now try and register the file using cmd.exe instead?- Hidequoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Is it possible to run the command prompt before Windows starts? This
might be a way around the problem. Or to close Windows, run the
prompt, then restart Windows.

Thanks again.

Ps. It occurs to me that it should also be possible to edit the
registry directly. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct lines, or
their position

S
 
Reply With Quote
 
species8350
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Aug 2009
On Aug 14, 10:06*am, species8350 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Aug 14, 1:07*am, Ǝиçεl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > The 0x80070005 is an access denied message -
> > One of the most common causes of this erroя code is
> > the Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software programs
> > running on the computer.

>
> > You can try turning them off and then try the updates again.

>
> > Keep the fiяewall on though.

>
> > Virus scanning recommendations for computers that
> > are яunning Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
> > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158> *

>
> > Otherwise you'll need to contact MS for further assistance -

>
> > How to obtain assistance from MS Support

>
> > To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
> > International Support Web site:
> > <https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx> *

>
> > To make sure you receive the appropriate support
> > information for your location, select your region setting from the listand
> > then click the aяяow button
> > --
> > I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in
> > the U.S. or Canada.

>
> > Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the
> > number for paid suppoяt in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus
> > or security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as
> > well.

>
> > If you /clearly/ state that a specific update has caused
> > problems and don't ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge
> > suppoяt for the issue.

>
> > Good luck
> > -=-

>
> > Ǝиçεl
> > *◕‿◕
> > *-=-

>
> > "species8350" wrote:
> > > Hi,

>
> > > I am having difficulty registering FLVSplitter.ax

>
> > > I copied this file to windpws/system32.

>
> > > I clicked the.ax file, selected Properties, then clicked Change.
> > > Browsed to System32, selected regsvr32.exe, clicked Open, then OK.

>
> > > I then clicked on the ax file to register it.

>
> > > I got the message:

>
> > > "module c:\windows\system32\FLVSplitter.ax was loaded, but call to
> > > DLLRegister Server Failed

>
> > > Error Code: 0x80070005"

>
> > > Help please

>
> > > Thanks

>
> > > S

>
> > > Ps. Should I now try and register the file using cmd.exe instead?- Hide quoted text -

>
> > - Show quoted text -

>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> Is it possible to run the command prompt before Windows starts? This
> might be a way around the problem. Or to close Windows, run the
> prompt, then restart Windows.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Ps. It occurs to me that it should also be possible to edit the
> registry directly. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct lines, or
> their position
>
> S- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


Problem solved
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gene E. Bloch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Aug 2009
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:06:30 -0700 (PDT), species8350 wrote:

> On Aug 14, 10:06*am, species8350 <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> On Aug 14, 1:07*am, Ǝиçεl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>> The 0x80070005 is an access denied message -
>>> One of the most common causes of this erroя code is
>>> the Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software programs
>>> running on the computer.

>>
>>> You can try turning them off and then try the updates again.

>>
>>> Keep the fiяewall on though.

>>
>>> Virus scanning recommendations for computers that
>>> are яunning Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
>>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158> *

>>
>>> Otherwise you'll need to contact MS for further assistance -

>>
>>> How to obtain assistance from MS Support

>>
>>> To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
>>> International Support Web site:
>>> <https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx> *

>>
>>> To make sure you receive the appropriate support
>>> information for your location, select your region setting from the list and
>>> then click the aяяow button
>>> --
>>> I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in
>>> the U.S. or Canada.

>>
>>> Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the
>>> number for paid suppoяt in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus
>>> or security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as
>>> well.

>>
>>> If you /clearly/ state that a specific update has caused
>>> problems and don't ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge
>>> suppoяt for the issue.

>>
>>> Good luck
>>> -=-

>>
>>> Ǝиçεl
>>> *◕‿◕
>>> *-=-

>>
>>> "species8350" wrote:
>>> > Hi,

>>
>>> > I am having difficulty registering FLVSplitter.ax

>>
>>> > I copied this file to windpws/system32.

>>
>>> > I clicked the.ax file, selected Properties, then clicked Change.
>>> > Browsed to System32, selected regsvr32.exe, clicked Open, then OK.

>>
>>> > I then clicked on the ax file to register it.

>>
>>> > I got the message:

>>
>>> > "module c:\windows\system32\FLVSplitter.ax was loaded, but call to
>>> > DLLRegister Server Failed

>>
>>> > Error Code: 0x80070005"

>>
>>> > Help please

>>
>>> > Thanks

>>
>>> > S

>>
>>> > Ps. Should I now try and register the file using cmd.exe instead?- Hide quoted text -

>>
>>> - Show quoted text -

>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for responding.
>>
>> Is it possible to run the command prompt before Windows starts? This
>> might be a way around the problem. Or to close Windows, run the
>> prompt, then restart Windows.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> Ps. It occurs to me that it should also be possible to edit the
>> registry directly. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct lines, or
>> their position
>>
>> S- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -

>
> Problem solved



How, pray tell?

Think of how you could help someone lurking here who happened to have the
same problem...

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
 
      22nd Feb 2010
Great!! Thank you for sharing!
FLV Ripper is designed to help you rip FLV files, it is the best FLV video ripper to rip FLV from sites. If you are looking for Flash FLV movie ripper or FLV ripping software, please have a try with this tool.
Visit to know more details....
FLV Splitter is an excellent FLV cutter software, that can function as FLV video splitter and FLV files splitter. If you are looking for online Flash FLV splitter or free FLV splitter download, please have a try with this tool.
Visit to know more details....

You just free download and have a try!

Hope it helps and Good Luck for you!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

« try this | email »
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: registering/re-registering ASP.NET 1.1.4322 with IIS Juan T. Llibre Microsoft ASP .NET 1 16th Dec 2006 01:29 AM
Device Manager registering nothing Scott Peabody Windows XP Help 3 24th Jan 2004 08:01 AM
Registering Problem Scooter Windows XP Help 4 28th Dec 2003 02:43 AM
Registering a .dll KT Windows XP Help 2 11th Nov 2003 09:18 PM
registering VB4.0 OCX's in XP? Cookie Windows XP Help 3 30th Aug 2003 11:59 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:57 PM.