Regarding Audio Recording in Vista

Kay Yes

      8th Sep 2009
Hi All,
When I record a sound using a mic from my application, the recorded
sound does not match with the input sound. This maybe due to Noise or
Distortion. I know it is not possible to reproduce a pure signal as
such.I don't know whether my recorded file is within the allowed
threshold limit. I just want to know is there any threshold level ,
specific for the driver ? Where to look for information on noise level
or distortion specified by the manufacturer ?

Thanks in Advance

Jon

      8th Sep 2009
"Kay Yes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> When I record a sound using a mic from my application, the recorded
> sound does not match with the input sound. This maybe due to Noise or
> Distortion. I know it is not possible to reproduce a pure signal as
> such.I don't know whether my recorded file is within the allowed
> threshold limit. I just want to know is there any threshold level ,
> specific for the driver ? Where to look for information on noise level
> or distortion specified by the manufacturer ?

Try muting the speakers and / or lowering the recording level for the
microphone.

Control Panel > Sound > Click on relevant device > Properties

--
Jon