Referencing Formatting Across Worksheets

=?Utf-8?B?VGlueTMwMA==?=

      21st Feb 2007
Hi,

I'm trying to make a summary of a source worksheet and am able to copy the
data across using: 'Sheet1'!A:A , but I also need to formats (Cell
width/Shading/Font/Border) to be referenced across as well, so that any
updates (e.g. inserting a row) in the source sheet are updated in the
resulting summary.
Any ideas?

Many thanks

=?Utf-8?B?R2FyeScncyBTdHVkZW50?=

      21st Feb 2007
Link does not link formats. You could create a macro to perforn the
Copy/PasteSpecial rather than do it by hand.
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200707

"Tiny300" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make a summary of a source worksheet and am able to copy the
> data across using: 'Sheet1'!A:A , but I also need to formats (Cell
> width/Shading/Font/Border) to be referenced across as well, so that any
> updates (e.g. inserting a row) in the source sheet are updated in the
> resulting summary.
> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks

=?Utf-8?B?VGlueTMwMA==?=

      22nd Feb 2007
Thank you for your reponse. But if data can be copied this way, surely
formatting could be replicated in the same way. Also if I write a macro would
this update the
summary sheet everytime sometime changes on the Source sheet.

Many thanks