Redemption.dll file missing

mly

      11th Aug 2004
Everytime I open Outlook I get the following message:

The add-in "C:\Program Files\Hotbar\bin\4.4.9.0
\Redemption.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This
problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the
Help menu...

I've already tried to do the Detect and Repair. How do I
resolve this issue?

-mly

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      11th Aug 2004
Egads - uninstall Hotbar!!!!!

Then go to tools->options->other->advanced and remove it from the Add-in
Manager or COM add-ins.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mly asked:

| Everytime I open Outlook I get the following message:
|
| The add-in "C:\Program Files\Hotbar\bin\4.4.9.0
| \Redemption.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This
| problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the
| Help menu...
|
| I've already tried to do the Detect and Repair. How do I
| resolve this issue?
|
| -mly

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      11th Aug 2004
if it's not listed in the addins, you'll need to delete the extend.dat file
at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
You can easily access it by pasting %USERPROFILE%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook in the Address bar of your browser or Windows
Explorer.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"mly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3cac01c47f41$0c59ccb0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Everytime I open Outlook I get the following message:
>
> The add-in "C:\Program Files\Hotbar\bin\4.4.9.0
> \Redemption.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This
> problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the
> Help menu...
>
> I've already tried to do the Detect and Repair. How do I
> resolve this issue?
>
> -mly

New Member

      5th Feb 2007
I am having the same problem while registering 'Redemption.dll' on to the server machine.

I tried regsvr32.exe \redemption.dll but it simply does not work with my vb code. Is there any way i can get around to at as its not even allowing me to add in com through the outlook advanced options?

Thanks
Umer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mly
Everytime I open Outlook I get the following message:

The add-in "C:\Program Files\Hotbar\bin\4.4.9.0
\Redemption.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This
problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the
Help menu...

I've already tried to do the Detect and Repair. How do I
resolve this issue?

-mly

New Member

      6th Feb 2007
By doing manually adding DLL to outlook:
tools->options->other->advanced ->COM add-ins
when the Redemption.DLL is selected it says

'C:/(full path)/Redemption.DLL is not a valid Office Addin'

Is there any other way I can register the DLL properly or if i am doing something wrong here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]