Redemption access AppointmentItem Label from outlook

entvex

      9th Apr 2010
Hello !

How do I access the outlook calendars label ? from Redemption

when I say label I mean those labels http://img153.yfrog.com/i/outlooklabel.png/

Greetings Entvex

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

      9th Apr 2010
The property for the label is the color, which is
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062002-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}/82140003"
as a DASL property you can use in Redemption. That's a PT_LONG, so you set
it to an int value such as 1 for Important, 2 for Business, etc.

The actual text for the corresponding label colors is stored in a PT_BINARY
property on the folder, the property has a property tag of 0x36DC0102
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x36DC0102" in DASL).

You'd have to reverse engineer that binary if you want custom label text.
Offhand in a MAPI viewer it looks like it's an array where a default entry
is represented by a Unicode null (0x0000) and a custom label is then stored
in Unicode in little-endian style ("F" would be stored as 0x4600.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"entvex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello !
>
> How do I access the outlook calendars label ? from Redemption
>
> when I say label I mean those labels
> http://img153.yfrog.com/i/outlooklabel.png/
>
> Greetings Entvex

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

      9th Apr 2010

Here's an example for setting the color:
http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?...5&cmd=showitem

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Fri, 9 Apr 2010 04:01:42 -0700 (PDT) schrieb entvex:

> Hello !
>
> How do I access the outlook calendars label ? from Redemption
>
> when I say label I mean those labels

http://img153.yfrog.com/i/outlooklabel.png/

> Greetings Entvex

entvex

      12th Apr 2010
Hello I have tried getting the ID

Like this Appointment.GetIDsFromNames("0x36DC0102", "PT_BINARY")

But I can't seem to get any vale out if it ? what am I doing wrong

Greetings Entvex

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

      12th Apr 2010
What you're doing wrong is that 0x36DC0102 is the actual property tag you're
trying to get from GetIDsFromNames(). Don't call that method at all, just
use that tag.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"entvex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello I have tried getting the ID
>
> Like this Appointment.GetIDsFromNames("0x36DC0102", "PT_BINARY")
>
> But I can't seem to get any vale out if it ? what am I doing wrong
>
> Greetings Entvex

entvex

      13th Apr 2010
The property for the label is the color, which is
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062002-0000-0000-
C000-000000000046}/82140003"
as a DASL property you can use in Redemption. That's a PT_LONG, so you
set
it to an int value such as 1 for Important, 2 for Business, etc.

Getting the label color value like that would be fine

But how do I get the ints ?

Greetings Entvex

entvex

      13th Apr 2010
I've fix it

this way Debug.WriteLine("Color: " +
Appointment.get_Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/
{00062002-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}/82140003"));

Thanks for all the help =)