red line on cpu usage history?

knewman

      10th Jul 2003
I was wondering what the red line in cpu usage history. I
have always seen the green line but now I also see a red
line that is lower on the scale? also in the bar graphic
even though the usage is at about 5% part of the display
is red. I have not see this before. Please advise.

thanks,
Knewman

Dave Patrick

      10th Jul 2003
To graph the percentage of processor time in privileged or kernel mode,
click Show Kernel Times on the View menu. This is a measure of the time that
applications are using operating system services. The remaining time, known
as user mode, is spent running threads within the application code.

--
Regards,

Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]