RECYCLER Error message

earchie

      8th Feb 2009
I cannot access my main drive due to a message that says it cannot find this
file: RECYCLER/S-7-2-41-100019775-100019948-100023968-622.com. Any one
experience this problem and how do correct this issue?
Thanks,

Kelly

      9th Feb 2009
Hi,

Covered - here are some pointers:

http://www.symantec.com/security_res...226-99&tabid=3

Navigate to and delete the following registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies
\Explorer\Run\"WinFile" = "%System%\drivers\Invalid.exe"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
\Explorer\Run\"DataAccess" = "%Windir%\Invalid.exe"

(The above two entries were not found in my registry but by resetting
the values of the following two, my "Drive letters" became operable
again.

"Recycler.exe" is a bug, it would seem, & can be "carried by anything
moved by a data pen".)

Restore the following registry entries to their previous values, if
required:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
\Explorer\"NoDriveTypeAutoRun" = "95"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL\"CheckedValue" = "0"

Exit the Registry Editor.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"earchie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I cannot access my main drive due to a message that says it cannot find
>this
> file: RECYCLER/S-7-2-41-100019775-100019948-100023968-622.com. Any one
> experience this problem and how do correct this issue?
> Thanks,

New Member

      12th Feb 2009
I had the same error and before I went crazy I just did a simple "disk check" on the drive and it was fixed.

Right Click Drive: Properties/tools/diskcheck

Won't hurt to give it a crack.

New Member
Istandalone11's Avatar
Location: Canada

      24th Feb 2009
I had a similar issue. the recycler error woudl occur whenever tried to open hard drive from "my computer". I had run autorun eater. that resolved that issue. However continueing on, i realized i could not defrag,checkdisk, or any maintaining programming. I was stumped. I went to go to one a website and it stated it could not let me pass due to a trojan. I got a hold of windows live one care trial version, due to it was apparent my antivirus wasnt working properly, or i just didnt set it up. either way. So i ran quick updates with windows live one care trial version. ran scan, sure enough 3 trojans, it did an auto heal, i restarted, all issues were resolved. I had done pretty much all that was recommended in this thread, and others similar to such. This is how i resolved the issue, I hope it was helpful.

ju.c

      28th Feb 2009
Please don't delete previous posts, thanks.