Recovery Console

=?Utf-8?B?RG9kZ2VyNTc=?=

      17th Aug 2005
I have Home XP SP2 and I am trying to run recvovery console from my cd but
keep getting an invalid administrator password message. I have the password
written down and have tried several times. I read that with Home XP there was
an issue but it was supposed to have been fixed with SP1. Can anyone help ?

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IEUu?=

      17th Aug 2005
Try booting to xp cd,at info screen press r,for password,press the enter key.

"Dodger57" wrote:

> I have Home XP SP2 and I am trying to run recvovery console from my cd but
> keep getting an invalid administrator password message. I have the password
> written down and have tried several times. I read that with Home XP there was
> an issue but it was supposed to have been fixed with SP1. Can anyone help ?

=?Utf-8?B?RG9kZ2VyNTc=?=

      17th Aug 2005
Think I did that but just to be sure i'll do it now...thanks i'll let you
know what happens

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Try booting to xp cd,at info screen press r,for password,press the enter key.
>
> "Dodger57" wrote:
>
> > I have Home XP SP2 and I am trying to run recvovery console from my cd but
> > keep getting an invalid administrator password message. I have the password
> > written down and have tried several times. I read that with Home XP there was
> > an issue but it was supposed to have been fixed with SP1. Can anyone help ?

TaurArian [MVP]

      17th Aug 2005
http://www.theeldergeek.com/recovery_console.htm
scroll down to: Recovery Console Password

http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us%3b308402
'The Password Is Not Valid' Error Message Appears When You Log On to Recovery
Console in Windows XP

news(E-Mail Removed)...