Recover Outlook 2007 if .pst file is missing (Vista) ?

Jimmy

      26th Jan 2010
Hi,

I had a failed hard drive (corrupted boot sector) on my Vista machine
running Outlook 2007.

I am able to see/recover most of the data from the disk. However, I cannot
find my Outlook.pst file anywhere on the hard drive.

Please let me know if there is any way I can recover my data.

Thank you!

Russ Valentine

      26th Jan 2010
PST files are hidden. Likely locations are well documented:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/aboutpst.htm
--
Russ Valentine
"Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I had a failed hard drive (corrupted boot sector) on my Vista machine
> running Outlook 2007.
>
> I am able to see/recover most of the data from the disk. However, I cannot
> find my Outlook.pst file anywhere on the hard drive.
>
> Please let me know if there is any way I can recover my data.
>
> Thank you!

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

      27th Jan 2010
"Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I had a failed hard drive (corrupted boot sector) on my Vista machine
> running Outlook 2007.
>
> I am able to see/recover most of the data from the disk. However, I cannot
> find my Outlook.pst file anywhere on the hard drive.
>
> Please let me know if there is any way I can recover my data.

Why not just rebuild the boot sector instead of replacing the hard drive?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

sandypeter111

      28th Jan 2010

Jimmy;3624796 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a failed hard drive (corrupted boot sector) on my Vista machine
> running Outlook 2007.
>
> I am able to see/recover most of the data from the disk. However,
> cannot
> find my Outlook.pst file anywhere on the hard drive.
>
> Please let me know if there is any way I can recover my data.
>
> Thank you!

If your problem involves software, hardware or service brands, most rep
will pass the buck. Then you start again. Add to the mix som
manufacturers charge for support. IT support is the way to keep all o
your tech in tune through a subscription-based tech support center

--
sandypeter111

New Member

      16th May 2011
Since as you stated the drive files were got damaged that's why being corrupted the Outlook pst file is not able to be located by you. Outlook 2007 pst repair is possible to be done by means of using inbox repair tool that comes with Outlook 2007 application and is introduced to fix the problem associated with Outlook program whether it is pst file corruption or damage issues. But as the tool is provided limited recovery feature so in case if the pst file is harshly corrupted or is got oversized then you will be required using Outlook pst repair software to get the entire pst file data recovered safely.