Recover files encrypted with Windows XP

=?Utf-8?B?U0I=?=

      22nd Sep 2007
I recently installed Vista on my C drive. My D (data) drive contains Windows
XP encrypted folders which I cannot read anymore.

How can I recover this data?

thanks a lot

Ronnie Vernon MVP

      22nd Sep 2007
SB

You need to use the Encryption Certificate that was created when you
encrypted the files on XP. Without this key, I'm afraid those files cannot
be recovered.

Best practices for the Encrypting File System:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223316

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP