Recording from cassette player

Scott

      19th Sep 2003
I need to know how to record a sound file while using the
lowest disk space possible.

I'm recording from an external tape player to the hard
drive with my external microphone. Trouble is, every
minute of sound takes about 5 Mbit of space on the hard
drive. I know that music files on CDs aren't nearly that
large.

I'm using XP. I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me
get going in the right direction.

Scott

plectrum

      19th Sep 2003
"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:83cc01c37eb5$ae72df10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need to know how to record a sound file while using the
> lowest disk space possible.
>
> I'm recording from an external tape player to the hard
> drive with my external microphone. Trouble is, every
> minute of sound takes about 5 Mbit of space on the hard
> drive. I know that music files on CDs aren't nearly that
> large.
>
> I'm using XP. I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me
> get going in the right direction.
>
> Scott

Invest in Goldwave - its not too expensive (http://www.goldwave.com )

Connect the line out of your K7 player to the loine-in of your sound card.
Fire up Goldwave and record whatever you want in wave format. Normalise the
sound, then use Goldwave to convert it into either an mp3 or wma format.
Delete the wave file(s) you don't need.

Cheers,
Jerry

Galley

      20th Sep 2003
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 06:55:27 -0700, "Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed forth
these words of wisdom:

>I need to know how to record a sound file while using the
>lowest disk space possible.
>
>I'm recording from an external tape player to the hard
>drive with my external microphone. Trouble is, every
>minute of sound takes about 5 Mbit of space on the hard
>drive. I know that music files on CDs aren't nearly that
>large.
>
>I'm using XP. I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me
>get going in the right direction.
>
>Scott

Actually WAV files require 10MB per minute. A 128Kbps MP3 requires only 1MB.
You can use Audacity to record from the line-in jack without time limits. Get
it free at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

--
"Life is what you experience between racing games"
Galley