Recent WindowsUpdate fixes broke W2K AS.

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleA==?=

      13th Jul 2005
Hi,

A few days ago WindowsUpdate installed several fixes and my nightmare had
started. I kept getting BSODs until I tried Last Good Known Config. As a
former MS technical tester and long-time system developer I tried to recover
my knowledge to figure out possible crash reasons. However, the error message
gives no clue:

0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0x00000001, 0x00000000)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, in ntosktnl.dll

Looks like the problem is inside the kernel, not even any driver. Once I get
a message of a fault in HAL and the another time there was something with a
"device connection timeout" or whatever.

I should say Last Good Known Config hasn't fully cuved my system - it still
crashes sometimes. Without the LGNC system dumps at the system boot screen in
normal mode but goes thru just fine in Safe Mode.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleA==?=

      13th Jul 2005
Tried to load old (pre-last known good) hardware profile and saw another one:
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. Got back to Last Known and it works... still
works.

Curious what's wrong hides inside the recent WindowsUpdate patches...