Recent Items drop-down menu problems

=?Utf-8?B?RHIuIEF3a3dhcmQ=?=

      8th Nov 2007
My Recent Items button on the Start Menu has an odd problem. Instead of
displaying the 15 most recent items, it displays the first 15 items from the
Recent folder in alphabetical order. Needless to say, after a few days of
use, the Recent Items button becomes useless because it's clogged with items
that are alphabetically prior to more recently viewed items. I don't know
when this problem started, since I only started trying to use the Recent
Items button about a week ago.

Anyone know how to fix this?

PaulM

      22nd Jul 2008
It you want to delete the Recent Items go here line Line 20.

http://www.paulsxp.com/tweaksvista.html

This script will delete the Recent Item list.
www.paulsxp.com
www.paulsxp.com/forum
http://www.supportspace.com/home/aff...s.s2?aiu=paulm

"dms96960" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have the exact same problem with Vista Ultimate. I cannot find the
> "Recent" folder, but I find the "Recent items" folder. However, when I
> right click on it it does not give me the choice to delete it. What
> should I do now? Thank you.
>

> --
> dms96960

Ramesh, MS-MVP

      22nd Jul 2008
"Clear Recent Items List" option missing when you right-click on the Recent
folder:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...nt-folder.html

or

Clear Recent Documents history in a single click in Windows XP and Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/cl...-xp-and-vista/

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
Windows® Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com

"dms96960" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have the exact same problem with Vista Ultimate. I cannot find the
> "Recent" folder, but I find the "Recent items" folder. However, when I
> right click on it it does not give me the choice to delete it. What
> should I do now? Thank you.
>

> --
> dms96960

PaulM

      22nd Jul 2008
Just click on the file.

www.paulsxp.com
www.paulsxp.com/forum
http://www.supportspace.com/home/aff...s.s2?aiu=paulm

"dms96960" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> What do I do after I "download" line 20? I just see several lines of
> text. Is it supposed to do something? Thanks.
>

> --
> dms96960

PaulM

      22nd Jul 2008
Did you download a file to your desktop or download folder?? Called
DeleteRecentList.js, just double click on the file like any other file.

www.paulsxp.com
www.paulsxp.com/forum
http://www.supportspace.com/home/aff...s.s2?aiu=paulm

"dms96960" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> PaulM,
>
> I still don't understand. Click on what "file"?
>

> --
> dms96960

PaulM

      23rd Jul 2008
I don't know what to tell you, the script works for everyone else.. Its just
a java script file. What happens when you click on the file?