Where are recent documents stored?

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhZ2d5amg=?=

      22nd Mar 2006
I need to find out who produced a memo in the office, so will need to check
the most recent documents opened in Word.
Word is set only to show the last 4 documents in the File menu, so if it is
not in the most recent 4 is there a folder that i can look in to check other
recent documents opened and saved? That is if the person was stupid enough
to save it!

Many thanks for any help,
James

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      22nd Mar 2006
You could try Word's History, or use Windows Search to look for documents
created within a given date range.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Shaggyjh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need to find out who produced a memo in the office, so will need to

check
> the most recent documents opened in Word.
> Word is set only to show the last 4 documents in the File menu, so if it

is
> not in the most recent 4 is there a folder that i can look in to check

other
> recent documents opened and saved? That is if the person was stupid

enough
> to save it!
>
> Many thanks for any help,
> James

Tony Jollans

      22nd Mar 2006
I'm not sure what Suzanne means by Word's History but I believe shortcuts to
edited files are kept for quite a while, if not indefinitely, in Documents
and Settings\(user)\Recent

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> You could try Word's History, or use Windows Search to look for documents
> created within a given date range.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup

so
> all may benefit.
>
> "Shaggyjh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I need to find out who produced a memo in the office, so will need to

> check
> > the most recent documents opened in Word.
> > Word is set only to show the last 4 documents in the File menu, so if it

> is
> > not in the most recent 4 is there a folder that i can look in to check

> other
> > recent documents opened and saved? That is if the person was stupid

> enough
> > to save it!
> >
> > Many thanks for any help,
> > James

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

      22nd Mar 2006
Kind of sounds like someone created a memo they shouldn't have - and no one
is claiming responsibility.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Shaggyjh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to find out who produced a memo in the office, so will need to check
> the most recent documents opened in Word.
> Word is set only to show the last 4 documents in the File menu, so if it
> is
> not in the most recent 4 is there a folder that i can look in to check
> other
> recent documents opened and saved? That is if the person was stupid
> enough
> to save it!
>
> Many thanks for any help,
> James

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      23rd Mar 2006
I was too lazy to check File Open and find that what I called "History" is
actually called My Recent Documents. It is a total mystery to me what
criteria Word uses for inclusion, since this list frequently includes files
that haven't been opened in weeks and omits ones I just closed.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type