A reasonable way to sync Outlook folders for two computers?

Alexandre Heil Franca

      14th Sep 2003
Hi all!

I am trying to find an alternative way to synchronise my Outlook
(Contacts, Calendar, To Do, Notes) at home with the office one. I was
usual to do it using a Windows CE device, and it has always worked
fine. Now I don't have the handheld anymore, and can't find a way to
do it.
I would like to try doing it through email...

Any solution? (Free software would be nice!)

Thanks!

Alexandre Heil Franša

Paul

      14th Sep 2003
Hi
I'm been using OsaSync Pro for a good year now and I love it. It keeps
outlook at my laptop in sync with my home computer. You can use it on
a peer-to-peer network or with a server.

Take a look at www.vaita.com and try the basic version, even though I
recommend the pro version for syncing everything in outlook.

Paul

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 02:59:57 +0200, Alexandre Heil Franca
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I am trying to find an alternative way to synchronise my Outlook
>(Contacts, Calendar, To Do, Notes) at home with the office one. I was
>usual to do it using a Windows CE device, and it has always worked
>fine. Now I don't have the handheld anymore, and can't find a way to
>do it.
>I would like to try doing it through email...
>
>Any solution? (Free software would be nice!)
>
>Thanks!
>
>Alexandre Heil Franša

Alexandre Heil Franca

      15th Sep 2003
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your recommendation. But am not sure, if it solves my
problem. I have no Laptop and I am not able to connect to the network
in my office through "Microsoft Network", so I would need any kind a
"file synchronisation"...

I will try further, thanks again!

Alexandre

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:42:11 +0200, Paul <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>I'm been using OsaSync Pro for a good year now and I love it. It keeps
>outlook at my laptop in sync with my home computer. You can use it on
>a peer-to-peer network or with a server.
>
>Take a look at www.vaita.com and try the basic version, even though I
>recommend the pro version for syncing everything in outlook.
>
>Paul

Chris

      16th Sep 2003
Check out these. Some will allow you to sync via a floppy or other media.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm
"Alexandre Heil Franca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all!
>
> I am trying to find an alternative way to synchronise my Outlook
> (Contacts, Calendar, To Do, Notes) at home with the office one. I was
> usual to do it using a Windows CE device, and it has always worked
> fine. Now I don't have the handheld anymore, and can't find a way to
> do it.
> I would like to try doing it through email...
>
> Any solution? (Free software would be nice!)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alexandre Heil Franša

New Member

      19th Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre Heil Franca
I would like to try doing it through email...

Any solution? (Free software would be nice!)

Thanks!

Alexandre Heil Franša
there's a great tool that allows to sync Outlook data via email called ShareO. however it's not free but does the job great. you should try it
http://download.cnet.com/ShareO-for-...-10169748.html

New Member

      6th Jul 2010
As Chris mentioned there are some tools listed on slipstick. I personally use Codetwo's public folders. Works really smoothly and all data is stored in a safe network. Here is an article about how to sync two machines using this app:

http://www.codetwo.com/blog/sync-out...computers/1334

hope it helps,
Javier.