Real audio to mp3 freeware?

Mister Charlie

      22nd Jun 2003
I deleted and uninstalled and swept my computer of the Real Player, and
I have a few .ram files left I'd like to convert to mp3's or wavs but
have not been successful googling around trying to find a program that
willdo it for free without actually having to have the stupid player
installed.

Anyone have anything like that? TIA

      30th Jun 2003
Hi:

Look for a File called 'realalt090.exe'

This app should be the Real Alternitive.. It is a Media Player (not by real)
but installs the REAL Codecs. This is audio only.

If you have a sound card that'll playback WHILE recording what you hear
(like the Creative Audigy, live may do it too) then you can play a REAL
audio file and record to wav, or MP3, or whatever..

Another work around is to hookup a Tape recorder out of the line out
(computer to speaker) and record to tape while playing the file, nd
re-record it from tape to wav, and convertot mp3 (or record to mp3).

Hope this helps
-Larry B

--
~~~
The Honor System Virus:

Greetings!

This virus works on the honor system: You must now forward this message to
everyone in your address book and then, randomly delete a bunch of your
files. Thank you so much for your help.

"Mister Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bd563b$perc7$(E-Mail Removed)...
| I deleted and uninstalled and swept my computer of the Real Player, and
| I have a few .ram files left I'd like to convert to mp3's or wavs but
| have not been successful googling around trying to find a program that
| willdo it for free without actually having to have the stupid player
| installed.
|
| Anyone have anything like that? TIA

dansheen

      6th Jul 2003
I'm relatively new here but so far haven't heard anyone mention the
dbpoweramp converter. It's the best converter I've found. It comes with
real, mp3 and a few others standard. You can download additional plug ins
for most of the lossy and lossless formats. There is also a free player
that is available that plays all formats but I haven't tried that yet. The
converter is simple in that you just write click on whatever file you want
to convert and the options are listed.
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
news:O4RLa.43192$(E-Mail Removed)...