PC Review

RE: X Tab Button

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIFVua25vd24gUA==?=

29th Mar 2004
While David Candy is correct he is mistaken that nothing can be done about this behaviour. IE is set to load pictures very very slowly by only allowing a minimal number of simultaneous downlaods. You can significantly improve IEs speed. There are two things that need to be done. We need to stop IE from checking to see if there are scheduled tasks on remote computers before connecting and we need to increase the number of simultaneous downloads. Both of these require you to use the registry editor. I will give you step by step instructions and it really is easier than you may think. Go>start\run and type in regedit and click OK Now you will need to click the + beside the following entries in this order HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsof\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\Namespace Now under namespace you should see two entries with a lot of numbers and letters. We want to right click on D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF and then click delete. Now close out by clicking ok then the - signs beside each entry to collapse the tree. Now follow this route HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings Don't click the + beside internet settings but rather click on the InternetSettings key to open the subkeys in the right panel. Now right click on MaxConnectionsPerServer and then click modify and then type in 10. Now right click on MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server and then click modify and then type in 10. then click your way out. Now if neither of these entries show in the right panel don't panic. I will now tell you how to create the keys and do your first simple registry tweak. If they don't exist then right click a blank area of the right panel and then click new and then DWord and type in MaxConnectionsPerServer and then click anywhere in the right panel to set the key. Now right click on the new key and then click modify and then type in the 10 and so on. Do the same for MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server Be sure to type it in exactly as I have shown you or copy and paste what I typed into the name plate of the subkey. Once this is done close out and there you go. Faster surfing with a simple change. XP has about 70-100 such tweaks that can be done to improve performance. Have fun :~) and welcome to XP.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: