Re: WorkGroupNotAccessible

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

      20th Jan 2007
What's the system error when using net view?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
After years of happy sharing, yesterday our workgroup went down. We have
done lots of things to try to get it fixed, such as pinged the computers on
the lan and they are visable by each, did a "net view" and viewed shared
printers and folders, removed all 3rd party security software, did the "set
up a small network wizard" many times, turned off and on windows firewall.
Now, we just have a desk top wired to a Netgear router which is connected to
the internet, and, a wireless connection to a note book. Both can get to the
internet. We have connected to work groups at many different location, but,
this is the first time we can not get workgroups working!!!
--
...Gary