Re: Windows XP Pro 64bit on a Homebuilt system?

John Doe

      13th Aug 2012
Dave Hardenbrook <daveh47 mindspring.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to buy a *legal* copy of Windows XP Pro 64-bit
> version for installation on a new homebuilt system?

I would much recommend Windows 7 instead. Windows XP was great
compared to prior consumer versions, but it has some significant
technical flaws compared to Windows 7.

Paul

      14th Aug 2012
John Doe wrote:
> Dave Hardenbrook <daveh47 mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to buy a *legal* copy of Windows XP Pro 64-bit
>> version for installation on a new homebuilt system?

> I would much recommend Windows 7 instead. Windows XP was great
> compared to prior consumer versions, but it has some significant
> technical flaws compared to Windows 7.

And to help that copy of Windows 7 "look" better, there's this
to add to your new installation.

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/features.html

Paul

Robin Bignall

      14th Aug 2012
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 19:19:07 -0400, Paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>John Doe wrote:
>> Dave Hardenbrook <daveh47 mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to buy a *legal* copy of Windows XP Pro 64-bit
>>> version for installation on a new homebuilt system?

>> I would much recommend Windows 7 instead. Windows XP was great
>> compared to prior consumer versions, but it has some significant
>> technical flaws compared to Windows 7.

>And to help that copy of Windows 7 "look" better, there's this
>to add to your new installation.
>
>http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/features.html

That is very useful. Thanks.
--