RE: Windows Defender update message

=?Utf-8?B?RW5nZWw=?=

      3rd Apr 2006
Hello Norman,

Do an Express scan, and apply all offered updªtes
http://update.microsoft.com

"Norman Allen" wrote:

> Despite repeated updates, and the message from the icon saying the
> definitions are up to date, the home page reads "Windows Defender definitions
> haven't been updated for x days", and the icon has a little "i" type symbol
> against it.

=?Utf-8?B?Tm9ybWFuIEFsbGVu?=

      3rd Apr 2006
I tried the Windows Installer to remove the signature file, and after running
that it seemed to update itself, but now it doen't want to run in the system
tray any more!

Norman

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Norman,
>
> Do an Express scan, and apply all offered updªtes
> http://update.microsoft.com
>
> "Norman Allen" wrote:
>
> > Despite repeated updates, and the message from the icon saying the
> > definitions are up to date, the home page reads "Windows Defender definitions
> > haven't been updated for x days", and the icon has a little "i" type symbol
> > against it.

Tom Emmelot

      3rd Apr 2006
Hello Norman,

and thats suppose to!
The tray icon only will be there if there is something to warn you!

Regards >*< TOM >*<