RE: why my lexmark printer wont scan

Truetech

      2nd Sep 2008
hi !!

your lexmark printer is a 4 in 1 deice, can print, scan , copy and fax as
well . If scan function is not working then i would like to know if you are
getting any error message or not .
Also let me know if printign is working fine or not . If working then try
this for scanning
start >> all programs >> windows photogallery >> click on file menu >>
import from scanners and cameras and double clcik on lexmark icon to scan

Let me know the information i asked you and i assure you i can help you to
make the printer scan as well

Take care

"cbeard2" wrote:

> i have a lexmark x4270 3 in 1 and my printer wont scan is it compatible
> with vista
>

> --
> cbeard2

Joanne

      15th Oct 2008
I also have a Lexmark 4 in 1 printer7170 and I followed your instructions and
it worked for me thank you Would like to know do you have to do these steps
each time you want to scan?

"Truetech" wrote:

> hi !!
>
> your lexmark printer is a 4 in 1 deice, can print, scan , copy and fax as
> well . If scan function is not working then i would like to know if you are
> getting any error message or not .
> Also let me know if printign is working fine or not . If working then try
> this for scanning
> start >> all programs >> windows photogallery >> click on file menu >>
> import from scanners and cameras and double clcik on lexmark icon to scan
>
> Let me know the information i asked you and i assure you i can help you to
> make the printer scan as well
>
> Take care
>
> "cbeard2" wrote:
>

> > i have a lexmark x4270 3 in 1 and my printer wont scan is it compatible
> > with vista
> >

> > --
> > cbeard2

Truetech

      15th Oct 2008

Great !! thats good to know that you have managed to make the printer
working . Now i would like to tell you that everytime you are scanning
something , you have to follow the same steps .

However i do believe that for your x7170 , you must have a program saying
lexmark All in one center , you can also use it for scanning .

Let me know if you need further help.
Cheers !!