RE: Why does a zigzag line appear under text?

Barbara

      22nd May 2008
A red zigzag means Word thinks there is a spelling error. A green zigzag
means Word thinks there is a grammatical error. In either case, right-click
on the word and select an option from the pop-up.
--
Barbara Hill

"Karl" wrote:

> A sort of zig zag line sometimes appear under text typed. Why is that and
> how can I get rid of it?

grammatim

      22nd May 2008
In order to never see the red and green squiggles, go to the controls
for Spell Check (wherever they are in your version) and uncheck the
"check spelling" and "check grammar" boxes.

Also you might see very faint dotted lines under familiar names. To
get rid of those (utterly useless) dotted lines, uncheck the
"SmartLinks" option that might be under Options View or Options
General.