Re: Vista Registry Cleaner - As Every PC Deserves the Best!

D. Spencer Hines

      25th Sep 2008
Errant Twaddle.

Use NTREGOPT.EXE.

It's safe and easy to use.

Freeware.
--
DSH
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"Ken Blake, MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 02:16:18 -0700 (PDT), "(E-Mail Removed)"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Windows Vista Registry Cleaner is one such service
>> provider that is needed to maintain the operating system in good
>> working conditions.

> Nope!
>
> Registry cleaning programs are *all* snake oil. Cleaning of the
> registry isn't needed and is dangerous. Leave the registry alone and
> don't use any registry cleaner. Despite what many people think, and
> what vendors of registry cleaning software try to convince you of,
> having unused registry entries doesn't really hurt you.
>
> The risk of a serious problem caused by a registry cleaner
> erroneously
> removing an entry you need is far greater than any potential benefit
> it may have.
>
> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

John John (MVP)

      25th Sep 2008
NTRegOpt is not a registry cleaner.

John

D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> Errant Twaddle.
>
> Use NTREGOPT.EXE.
>
> It's safe and easy to use.
>
> Freeware.

D. Spencer Hines

      25th Sep 2008
Use NTREGOPT.EXE and CCleaner in tandem and your registry will be
clean as a hound's tooth and nicely compacted.
--
DSH
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"John John (MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...

> NTRegOpt is not a registry cleaner.
>
> John
>
> D. Spencer Hines wrote:

>> Errant Twaddle.
>>
>> Use NTREGOPT.EXE.
>>
>> It's safe and easy to use.
>>
>> Freeware.

Bruce Chambers

      26th Sep 2008
D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> Use NTREGOPT.EXE and CCleaner in tandem and your registry will be
> clean as a hound's tooth and nicely compacted.

CCleaner is worthless as a registry cleaner. I tried the latest
version on a brand-new OS installation with no additional applications
installed, and certainly none installed and then uninstalled, and
CCleaner still managed to "find" over a hundred allegedly orphaned
registry entries and dozens of purportedly "suspicious" files, making it
clearly a *worthless* product, in this regard. (Not that any registry
cleaner can ever be anything but worthless, as they don't serve any
*useful* purpose, to start with.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

Jaelani

      26th Sep 2008
I second that. Those cleaner softwares will only do harm than good -
especially for non-technical users. Worst is that their ads is
becoming misleading nowadays and luring more users. And the sad part
is that people think that the higher number a cleaner can detect a
junk and clean them, the better it will be. But those softwares are
just preprogrammed cleaners. They'll clean anything without even
knowing what the objects actually means and what will affect. Sure,
they'll clean them right - along with other minor system objects.
They'll cripple the system little by little. When the system has been
noticeably unstable, it would be too late since the damage has been
done all over the place - in small parts. Nuff said.

Bruce Chambers wrote:
> D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> > Use NTREGOPT.EXE and CCleaner in tandem and your registry will be
> > clean as a hound's tooth and nicely compacted.

> CCleaner is worthless as a registry cleaner. I tried the latest
> version on a brand-new OS installation with no additional applications
> installed, and certainly none installed and then uninstalled, and
> CCleaner still managed to "find" over a hundred allegedly orphaned
> registry entries and dozens of purportedly "suspicious" files, making it
> clearly a *worthless* product, in this regard. (Not that any registry
> cleaner can ever be anything but worthless, as they don't serve any
> *useful* purpose, to start with.)

HeyBub

      26th Sep 2008
Bruce Chambers wrote:
> D. Spencer Hines wrote:
>> Use NTREGOPT.EXE and CCleaner in tandem and your registry will be
>> clean as a hound's tooth and nicely compacted.

> CCleaner is worthless as a registry cleaner. I tried the latest
> version on a brand-new OS installation with no additional applications
> installed, and certainly none installed and then uninstalled, and
> CCleaner still managed to "find" over a hundred allegedly orphaned
> registry entries and dozens of purportedly "suspicious" files, making
> it clearly a *worthless* product, in this regard. (Not that any
> registry cleaner can ever be anything but worthless, as they don't
> serve any *useful* purpose, to start with.)

Did you check any of the "orphaned entries?" Perhaps the OS installation was
the culprit...

Leonard Grey

      26th Sep 2008
An "orphaned entry" will never be accessed since the application that
wrote the key is gone. Nothing bad can happen from an orphaned entry.
It's just like a channel position on your television that has no station
attached to it.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

HeyBub wrote:
> Bruce Chambers wrote:
>> D. Spencer Hines wrote:
>>> Use NTREGOPT.EXE and CCleaner in tandem and your registry will be
>>> clean as a hound's tooth and nicely compacted.

>> CCleaner is worthless as a registry cleaner. I tried the latest
>> version on a brand-new OS installation with no additional applications
>> installed, and certainly none installed and then uninstalled, and
>> CCleaner still managed to "find" over a hundred allegedly orphaned
>> registry entries and dozens of purportedly "suspicious" files, making
>> it clearly a *worthless* product, in this regard. (Not that any
>> registry cleaner can ever be anything but worthless, as they don't
>> serve any *useful* purpose, to start with.)

> Did you check any of the "orphaned entries?" Perhaps the OS installation was
> the culprit...

D. Spencer Hines

      26th Sep 2008
Nonsense...

CCleaner is an:

Excellent...

Safe...

Registry Cleaner.

I've been using it for several years now with good results.
--
DSH
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

HeyBub wrote:
> Bruce Chambers wrote:
>> D. Spencer Hines wrote:
>>> Use NTREGOPT.EXE and CCleaner in tandem and your registry will be
>>> clean as a hound's tooth and nicely compacted.

>> CCleaner is worthless as a registry cleaner. I tried the latest
>> version on a brand-new OS installation with no additional applications
>> installed, and certainly none installed and then uninstalled, and
>> CCleaner still managed to "find" over a hundred allegedly orphaned
>> registry entries and dozens of purportedly "suspicious" files, making
>> it clearly a *worthless* product, in this regard. (Not that any
>> registry cleaner can ever be anything but worthless, as they don't
>> serve any *useful* purpose, to start with.)

> Did you check any of the "orphaned entries?" Perhaps the OS installation was
> the culprit...

Yes, of course I checked them; Wouldn't have been much of a test,
otherwise. They weren't remnants of the OS installation; all (dozens,
I'd noticed the trend by then) of the ones I checked were legitimate keys.

--

D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> Nonsense...
>
> CCleaner is an:
>
> Excellent...
>
> Safe...
>
> Registry Cleaner.

There is *NO* such thing.

> I've been using it for several years now with good results.

Documentation? Benchmarks from before and after? Oh, and make sure
they either been notarized or verified by an independent laboratory. In
other words, only when someone finally produces verifiable scientific
evidence will I give such claims a lick of credence.