Re: Vista loading screen freezes.

Chad Harris

      22nd Apr 2009

"Frenzic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> When I this morning turned on my laptop and after it had booted I got
> the "Error recovery for windows" screen (not sure how its named in
> English). On that Screen it basically stands that windows couldn't start
> up and you are given two options:
>
> 1. Start startup repair tool
> 2. Start Windows the normal way.
>
> I choose number 2. but it only reaches the windows loading screen (pic)
> and it doesn't move on from that screen.
>
> http://www.winsupersite.com/images/s...mebasic_01.jpg
>
> Instead I restart the computer and choose option 1. Where I do reach
> the loading screen and the tool starts up, but it takes a long time
> (5-10 mins with a black screen first). I choose the language and press
> the "next" button. Then Error message shows up (See attachment for
> picture) System Recovery Options: RecEnv.exe - Application Error
>

> I haven't got that Vista Recovery DVD but I have made a Vista Repair
> Disk (got it from here: 'Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download &#x2014;
> The NeoSmart Files'
> (http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/))
>
> The laptop is a: Acer Aspire 5720ZG with Vista Home Premium
>

> --
> Frenzic

Hi Frenzic--

Don't give up until you try all of these:

Download Vista Repair Disk
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

How to Use Startup Repair from the Vista DVD or the Repair Disk you make:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial142.html

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f3f351033.mspx

1) First try 3 options from Startup Repair. If you have a Vista DVD then
restart with it in the drive>press any key to boot from it and run Startup
Repair. From Startup Repair you have 3 good tools with an excellent chance
of fixing your system. If you don't have a Vista DVD from which to boot to
Startup Repair, no problem, Download the .iso from the link below and
burn it, and you'll have the Microsoft Vista Repair Disk with Startup
Repair.

Download Vista Repair Disk
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

How to Use Startup Repair from the Vista DVD or the Repair Disk you make:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial142.html

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f3f351033.mspx

2) If Startup Repair does not get your Vista back, then use the 3 bootrec
commands from the command prompt available on the Statup Repair Menu:

The menu I refer to is in this set of directions with a grey background.

http://vistahomepremium.windowsreins...airstartup.htm

Those are:

bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuild BCD

3) If my second option doesn't work, then try System restore from the
Startup Repair list.

[...]

4) If by rare chance you have an actual Vista DVD, you can put it in, boot
from it>choose the Upgrade Option>choose your current broken Vista Drive and
try to do a repair install with the Vista DVD.

How To Perform a Repair Installation For Vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

5) If the above 3 tools don't work, then use the 4 tools available by
restarting your pc and tapping F8 once per second to get to the Windows
Advanced Options Menu.

From this menu click on 3 Safe Mode links to use System Restore. Make sure
you try all 3 if one doesn't work, because just one of them may work. Tap F8
to Reach Windows Advanced Options Menu Pictured Below:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/v...ot-Options.jpg

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command: At the prompt you would type the command to use for
system restore at the safe mode cmd prompt is:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

If these 3 tools don't work, you have one more you can try which is Last
Known Good Configuration.

Good luck,

CH