Re: Vista Home Premium 64 OEM (System Builders) Question

David B.

      15th Jun 2009
Is this OEM copy purchased by you or did it ship with an OEM PC? If you
purchased it it's not actually "tied" to any piece of hardware on your PC,
this technique is used by OEM's such as Dell or HP. But to answer your
question, yes, your product key will still be valid, although you may have
to activate via telephone.

"halltj2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> If I replace my hard drive will I still be able to use the activation
> key that was provided with my OEM copy when I go to reinstall it? I'm
> assuming the key is tied to the motherboard or cpu, so as long as they
> remain the same I should be good with the key I have, right???
>

> --
> halltj2

David B.

      16th Jun 2009