Re: Vista business recommended?

Gordon

      22nd Jul 2009

"Josh Reece" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been one of the unfortunates who has had a lot of problems with Vista
> (Home Premium version). Windows 7 won't be out till October, but I need a
> new computer now. What is the general opinion about Vista Business? Any
> good, or is it similarly plagued by problems?
>
> Thanks for your input.

Very many people have NOT had any problems with either Vista HP or any other
version.
Presumably you upgraded an existing machine to Vista which is why you have
"problems"?
Have you sought solutions here?
If you buy a new computer with Vista pre-installed then you should NOT have
any problems whatever version you buy.
Home Premium is not inherently any worse or better than any other version of
Vista...

Gordon

      22nd Jul 2009

"Josh Reece" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Well, I did buy the computer with Vista pre-installed, and I did have
> problems.

Then you either bought an under-spec machine or you have malware or you have
incompatible hardware.

Gordon

      23rd Jul 2009

"Josh Reece" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Very many people have NOT had any problems with either Vista HP or any
>> other version.

> Please see the article at:
> http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle6707871.ece
> which contradicts your strong denial (at least as phrased above).

Err no. The phrase "many users" is capable of many interpretations. If they
had used the phrase "most users" I can understand your point.
The argument in that article is spurious.

>> Presumably you upgraded an existing machine to Vista which is why you
>> have "problems"?
>> Have you sought solutions here?

> No. But I'm seeking them now.
>
> Windows Defender says my computer does not have any malware and is
> operating normally. But, in fact, it is very slow. Please help.

Windows defender is all RIGHT, but not a complete answer. You also need
Spybot or Adaware or Spywareblaster, preferably a combination of at least
two of those...