Re: Vista and Deskjet 895cxi

LVTravel

      18th Apr 2009

"Mike Hall - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> "nosthecat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Thanks for responding. I've checked the install instructions and all it
>> says is for me to plug it in, but that didn't work.
>>
>> I'll see if I can find a proper printer cable. My printer doesn't have
>> a USB port, so I have to use a cable with a USB end and a parallel end.
>> I've checked online, but can't find any of these cables with USB 2.0.
>>
>> I appreciate the response.
>>

>> --
>> nosthecat

> Surprising that there is no USB. I had two 895's and both had USB ports to
> the right of where the parallel cable connection is. Look again. Also look
> at the manual or the online version..
>
> Then, when you go out to buy a USB cable, get a good one. HP printers do
> not like cheap connections..
>

> --
>
> Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

You are correct Mike

895C Series

From Page 18 of the instruction manual on the web:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpd07116.pdf

USB Step 5: Insert Printer Software CD in the Computer
1 Turn on the computer and wait for Windows 98 to start.
2 Insert the HP Printer Software CD into your CD-ROM drive.

USB Step 6: Connect USB Cable
1 Lift open the cable access door on the back of the printer.
2 Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on the printer.
3 Plug the other end into any USB port on the computer.

USB Step 7: Install the USB Printer Software
1 After a few seconds, the Add New Hardware Wizard screen appears.

Note: Make sure the host computer is operational, meets the minimum
system requirements as given on page 82 and that its USB port is enabled and
properly configured. (Go to “Frequently Asked Questions About USB
(Universal Serial Bus)” on page 86 for more information.)
Note: You can also refer to the steps 7a through 7g, “Install USB Software”
on the separate USB Cable Setup sheet included with your printer.
Note: If the Add New Hardware Wizard screen does not appear, your
computer may not be USB-enabled. You can still enjoy the full capabilities
of
your HP DeskJet 8xxC Series printer by connecting the printer to the
computer
with a parallel cable. Go to “Step 2: Connect Parallel Cable” on page 3 of
this
User’s Guide for the appropriate procedures.