Re: USB Mass Storage Device

Manda Luyong

      12th Jul 2003
If the hard drive is partitioned and formatted, it will show as another
drive when you open My Computer. If not, you need to partition and format.

"Miike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:01bb01c348ac$f59763a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How and or where do I access my USB Mass Storage Device.
> When I plug it in, Windows acknowedges the fact that it
> is there and it shows up in my device manager, but I can
> not find any way to access it. Ideas?

Mike

      12th Jul 2003

The hard drive is partitioned and formated and loaded
with information. I have looked in explorer to find the
new drives, but they never show up.

Paul

      13th Jul 2003
Try this:

Right click on My Computer and choose "Manage".
In the left-hand frame choose "Disk Management".
In the right-hand frame you should see all the Volumes on top and the different
physical disks currently attached to your system below this list.
Find your new drive in the lower list and find out if it is reporting itself as
Healthy. If it isn't then you need to initialize/partition/format the drive.
If the drive is healthy, check to see if it is assigned a drive letter. XP can
attach a drive but not assign a letter to it and without a drive letter,
Explorer will not ever see the drive.

Paul

news:00b201c348b1$bce23b20$(E-Mail Removed)...