Re: US International keyboard stopped working

JJ

      15th Jul 2012
JPh12 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My US International keyboard stopped working. Instead of accented
> letters such as I now get "e. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Open the "Regional and Language Options" control panel and go to the
"Languages" tab. Press the "Details..." button to open "Text Services
and Input Languages" dialog. In the "Settings" tab, the "Installed
services" section lists all installed keyboard layouts. Make sure you
have "United States-International" layout only and no other.

If you have multiple keyboard layouts, pressing CTRL+SHIFT will
switch between the keyboard layouts. This shortcut may be the cause
of your problem if you accidentally pressed it and you have multiple
keyboard layouts. This shortcut is (limitedly) configurable via the
"Key Settings" button.

JJ

      17th Jul 2012
JPh12 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Thanks for responding. I'm quite familiar with XP keyboard and
> language settings though. The problem I'm posting is of a
> different kind -- for one thing, as I mentioned, accentuation
> still works in a few programs. It looks like some corruption
> occurred, but I can't trace it. I've looked it up on the web but
> couldn't find a fix.

That looks more like software problem. Have you updated that software
to a newer version recently?