Re: Update error Message

Peter Foldes

      14th Nov 2008
BG_E_NETWORK_DISCONNECTED
0x80200010
The network card is inactive or disconnected. All jobs are placed in the
BG_JOB_STATE_TRANSIENT_ERROR state

Make sure these services are not disabled (Start, Run, type: Services.msc)

Background Intelligent Transfer Service(BITS)
Cryptographic Services
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
System Restore Service

Check the device manager just to make sure nothing is wrong there.

Sometimes flushing the Softwaredistribution\download folder and rebooting can help. If you
wish to try this, then see the following:-

Stop the Automatic Updates service

Click Start, Choose Run.
In the Run box, type services.msc.
Click OK.
Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
Click Stop.
Stopping the service will take a moment.

Delete the contents of the Download folder
Click Start. Choose Run.
In the Run box, type %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
Click OK.
Open the Download folder.
Delete all contents of the Download folder.
Close the window.

Start the Automatic Updates service
Click Start. Choose Run.
In the Run box, type services.msc.
Click OK.
Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
Click Start.
Starting the service will take a moment.

To get Windows Update to re-offer updates -
Click Start, select Run and then type in: wuauclt.exe /detectnow

--
Peter