Re: Unknown device error while connect my DVD burner (USB)

Richard G. Harper

      23rd Oct 2009
Did the burner ever work on this computer? Does it work on any other
computer?

"ignatius26" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi,
>
> I am getting "unknown device" pop-up when I connect my DVD burner.
> *Initially it says, drivers installed successfully and ready to use.*
> After 5-10sec, it says, *"USB device is malfunctioned. Unable to
> identify the device correctly."*
> When I go to device manager and try to update drivers, it says drivers
> are upto date.
> Please help me to resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks for spending time to read this issue.
> Double thanks if you give solution.
>

> --
> ignatius26
> ignatius26's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147598.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1261992.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

smlunatick

      23rd Oct 2009
On Oct 23, 11:47*am, ignatius26 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It worked before. Problem started from Yesterday.
> I didn't tried on other PCs. I will try today and update here.
>
> --
> ignatius26
> ignatius26's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/147598.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1261992.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Malfunctioned style USB error messages tend to indicate one of the
following:

USB port died
USB port drivers either corrupt or old -- install / reinstall
motherboard chipset drivers
USB "device" died.