PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Re: TRADEDAUBLER

 
 
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      8th Feb 2009
Ted Smith wrote:

> About 3 days ago I started getting a "virus warning" poppup message
> everytime I start Internet Explorer (see attachment) and it directs me to
> go to tradedaubler.com to fix the problem . In addition to the message
> another instance of IE usually also opens, often with an advertisement
> from the online University of Phoenix, but sometimes advertising
> something else that looks fairly reputable. Whatever is causing those
> problems also seems to making the whole computer run much slower than
> normal. My antivirus program (Eset Nod32) is unable to detect any virus,
> and I am not able to find any suspicious processes in task manager. I
> am running XP-SP2 with IE6. Any suggestions?
>
> Ted Smith


Run the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx

Download, install, update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (freeware):
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
and SUPERAntispyware (freeware):
http://www.superantispyware.com/down...NTISPYWAREFREE

See and follow:
"Checking for/Help with Spyware, Malware and Hijackware".
http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/Post_4820.aspx

If you need more help with virus-related issues, contact Microsoft Product
Support Services.
For support within the United States and Canada, call toll-free (866)
PCSAFETY (727-2338).
For support outside the United States and Canada, visit the Product Support
Services Web page (http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=SecurityHome).

For the virus/worm issues ask for help also in the Microsoft Newsgroup -
Security - Viruses.
Via your newsreader:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...security.virus
Via Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...security.virus

--
Vincenzo Di Russo
Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ted Smith
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      9th Feb 2009
Hi Vincenzo, and Thanks. I did steps 1,2 & 3 of your suggestion, got rid of
a lot of garbage, and now things are working fine and the computer is fast
and lively again. I was really surprised because I thought my antivirus
program was supposed to take care of all that. Guess not. One last
question though - I thought the Microsoft Malware Remover was supposed to
report back to me when it got done running. There was no reporting at all
so I ran it twice. (Finally, I had to download and run the other 2 programs
and they found almost 400 malware items). Why didn't MS find anything or
bother to report back at the end?

Ted Smith


"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ted Smith wrote:
>
>> About 3 days ago I started getting a "virus warning" poppup message
>> everytime I start Internet Explorer (see attachment) and it directs me to
>> go to tradedaubler.com to fix the problem . In addition to the message
>> another instance of IE usually also opens, often with an advertisement
>> from the online University of Phoenix, but sometimes advertising
>> something else that looks fairly reputable. Whatever is causing those
>> problems also seems to making the whole computer run much slower than
>> normal. My antivirus program (Eset Nod32) is unable to detect any virus,
>> and I am not able to find any suspicious processes in task manager. I
>> am running XP-SP2 with IE6. Any suggestions?
>>
>> Ted Smith

>
> Run the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool:
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx
>
> Download, install, update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (freeware):
> http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
> and SUPERAntispyware (freeware):
> http://www.superantispyware.com/down...NTISPYWAREFREE
>
> See and follow:
> "Checking for/Help with Spyware, Malware and Hijackware".
> http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/Post_4820.aspx
>
> If you need more help with virus-related issues, contact Microsoft Product
> Support Services.
> For support within the United States and Canada, call toll-free (866)
> PCSAFETY (727-2338).
> For support outside the United States and Canada, visit the Product
> Support Services Web page (http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=SecurityHome).
>
> For the virus/worm issues ask for help also in the Microsoft Newsgroup -
> Security - Viruses.
> Via your newsreader:
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...security.virus
> Via Web:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...security.virus
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      9th Feb 2009
Ted Smith wrote:

> Hi Vincenzo, and Thanks. I did steps 1,2 & 3 of your suggestion, got rid
> of a lot of garbage, and now things are working fine and the computer is
> fast and lively again. I was really surprised because I thought my
> antivirus program was supposed to take care of all that. Guess not. One
> last question though - I thought the Microsoft Malware Remover was
> supposed to report back to me when it got done running. There was no
> reporting at all so I ran it twice. (Finally, I had to download and run
> the other 2 programs and they found almost 400 malware items). Why
> didn't MS find anything or bother to report back at the end?


Hi Ted,
glad to help and thank you for your feedback.
"... The Malicious Software Removal Tool writes details about the result of
its execution in the %windir%\debug\mrt.log log file..."
Cf.: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891716/en-us

Start -> Run -> type MRT.exe -> OK.

About MSRT behaviour see also my reply in this thread:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...a-ca4576bb6d23

Please upgrade your Internet Explorer version to IE7, for security reasons!

> Ted Smith


Cheers,

--
Vincenzo Di Russo
Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

> "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ted Smith wrote:
>>
>>> About 3 days ago I started getting a "virus warning" poppup message
>>> everytime I start Internet Explorer (see attachment) and it directs me
>>> to go to tradedaubler.com to fix the problem . In addition to the
>>> message another instance of IE usually also opens, often with an
>>> advertisement from the online University of Phoenix, but sometimes
>>> advertising something else that looks fairly reputable. Whatever is
>>> causing those problems also seems to making the whole computer run much
>>> slower than normal. My antivirus program (Eset Nod32) is unable to
>>> detect any virus, and I am not able to find any suspicious processes
>>> in task manager. I am running XP-SP2 with IE6. Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Ted Smith

>>
>> Run the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx
>>
>> Download, install, update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (freeware):
>> http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
>> and SUPERAntispyware (freeware):
>> http://www.superantispyware.com/down...NTISPYWAREFREE
>>
>> See and follow:
>> "Checking for/Help with Spyware, Malware and Hijackware".
>> http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/Post_4820.aspx
>>
>> If you need more help with virus-related issues, contact Microsoft
>> Product Support Services.
>> For support within the United States and Canada, call toll-free (866)
>> PCSAFETY (727-2338).
>> For support outside the United States and Canada, visit the Product
>> Support Services Web page
>> (http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=SecurityHome). For the virus/worm
>> issues ask for help also in the Microsoft Newsgroup -
>> Security - Viruses.
>> Via your newsreader:
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...security.virus
>> Via Web:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...security.virus
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRADEDAUBLER.COM what is it and how to get rid of it Manda123 Windows XP Security 4 22nd Feb 2009 07:10 PM
RE: TRADEDAUBLER interuptor Windows XP Internet Explorer 0 21st Feb 2009 08:18 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:03 PM.