Re: SystemLog DhcpServer The description for Event ID ( 1037 ) in Source ( DhcpServe

Green Giant

      30th Jun 2003
Thanks I'll try those settings tommorow and see what
happens.

$(E-Mail Removed):

>> Yeah that's what I that it was.
>>
>> So again, how do I repair the registry entries if I

don't
>> know what values are suppose to be in there? I wonder

how
>> these entries were deleted in the first place...
>>
>> The EventMessageFile string value should point to

the .dll
>> file which holds the correct descriptions, however I

dont
>> know what dll file this is. I also don't know any other
>> string/dword's that should be in the key.

>I have no access to server right now but in W2K Pro:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Event

log\System
>\Dhcp\
>holdes two entries:
> EventMessageFile = %SystemRoot%\System32\dhcpcsvc.dll
> ParameterMessageFile = %SystemRoot%\System32\kernel32.dll
>both REG_EXPAND_SZ
>Perhaps that helps. IIRC the dhcpSsvc.dll is used for

server's
>mesasage file. But that's only from a foggy memory. :-)

addresses
>>>that are beyond the lease expiration time (e.g. 48

hours)
>>>and return them to a state where they can be used by

>> other
>>>computers on the network, or the same computer should

it
>>>try to login and the address hasn't been taken. The

Event
>>>Viewer will then log the 2 messages 1037 and 1038
>>>You can disable Audit logging on the DHCP server but

this
>>>will NOT prevent the messages appearing in the Event
>>>Viewer.
>>>
>>>shubs

not

>> DhcpServer

[HCLM]/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Eventlog/System/DH

value.

>> which

>>>something

[HCLM]/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Eventlog/System/DH

many