Re: Suddenly Can't Print .. no clue why

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

      27th Jul 2009
Do the printer(s) have ink in them?

Do they appear to be installed correctly?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Snuffy2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> System restore and uninstalling and reinstalling the printers have not
> worked.
>
> Anything else? I really would like to print again.
>

> --
> Snuffy2

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

      29th Jul 2009
Aha.... then it's what we refer to as an application error, since you CAN
print from Notepad and Wordpad. I'd suggest reinstalling the application in
question... BTW what app is it?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Snuffy2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Cari \(MS-MVP\);1100194 Wrote:
>> Do the printer(s) have ink in them?
>>
>> Do they appear to be installed correctly?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> 'Welcome' (http://www.coribright.com/windows)
>>

> Printers work fine and all other PCs in the house can print to them
> fine. They are both network printers. I also cannot print to the built
> in PDF and XPS printers either with the same error.
>
> I can print simple txt docs from Notepad & Wordpad and test pages from
> within control panel from this PC but cant print real docs from any app.
>

> --
> Snuffy2

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

      30th Jul 2009
Make sure you are not just hitting the 'print' icon on the toolbar, but
selecting File, Print... and then making sure you select the printer from
the drop down box. It's possible you're printing to a virtual printer like
Acrobat PDF Creator, Microsoft XPS printer etc.