Re: STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error} help

Gerry

      11th Mar 2009
raiykaz

Background information on Stop Error code:

This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode
subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem
(CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because
Win XP can't run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few
situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system
to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of
malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system
administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no
longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669

Do you have data files you need to recover?

What is the computer make and model? Is it a laptop or desktop?

Do you have access to a second computer? What is the computer make and
model? Is it a laptop or desktop?

Speculation. The absence of any parameters in the Stop Error report makes me
wonder whether this might be a memory problem?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~