Re: Stop a admin user changing another admin users password or deleting their account?

Poutnik

      3rd Oct 2009
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...

> Stop a admin user changing another admin users password or deleting
> their account?
>
> Anyone know if this is possible?.

I am afraid you cannot be admin without being admin.
The question should be, if they should stay admins.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.

atharsagri

      3rd Oct 2009
U need to demote others to have only 1 admin user who can control all of them.
--
Athar Sagri

"Poutnik" wrote:

> says...
> >
> > Stop a admin user changing another admin users password or deleting
> > their account?
> >
> > Anyone know if this is possible?.

> I am afraid you cannot be admin without being admin.
> The question should be, if they should stay admins.
>
> --
> Poutnik
> The best depends on how the best is defined.

Poutnik

      3rd Oct 2009
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> U need to demote others to have only 1 admin user who can control all of them.

One ring to rule them all
One ring to find them
One ring to bring them all
And to darkness bind them
:-)

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.

Poutnik

      3rd Oct 2009
says...

> >I am afraid you cannot be admin without being admin.
> >The question should be, if they should stay admins.

> I have switched the user to a standard user rather than admin but then
> i am just getting phone calls from them and i have had to change them
> back to a admin
>
> for example they cant chose what they have in their start menu
> shortcuts etc. I am a little confued by this i thought each user
> could set their own but 1 user seems to affect the other for exmaple
> if i delete games shortcuts form the start> programs files it removes
> it from all users.

Start menu items are of 2 kinds:
1]User's items, independent on other users setting,
all have full rights above their items.
2]All Users settings, shown in all start menus,
read access for all, write access for admins only.

All and User items can be copied, if needed,
as far as access rights allows.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.

Poutnik

      6th Oct 2009
In article <MPG.2531f01a7df9afb998982d@127.0.0.1>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...

> says...
> >
> > >I am afraid you cannot be admin without being admin.
> > >The question should be, if they should stay admins.

> > I have switched the user to a standard user rather than admin but then
> > i am just getting phone calls from them and i have had to change them
> > back to a admin
> >
> > for example they cant chose what they have in their start menu
> > shortcuts etc. I am a little confued by this i thought each user
> > could set their own but 1 user seems to affect the other for exmaple
> > if i delete games shortcuts form the start> programs files it removes
> > it from all users.

> Start menu items are of 2 kinds:
> 1]User's items, independent on other users setting,
> all have full rights above their items.
> 2]All Users settings, shown in all start menus,
> read access for all, write access for admins only.
>
> All and User items can be copied, if needed,
> as far as access rights allows.

Try to find all "Start Menu" and "Desktop folders.
Items under c:\userd\yourusername are your ( or user's ) items.
Items anywhere else are items for all users, that are automatically
added touser items.
In XP they were under All users folder, in Vista there is lot of
redirection. E.g. users\all users is redirected to \ProgramData
\Programdata\Desktop is redirected to \users\public\desktop
\Programdata\Start menu is redirected to \Programdata\Microsoft\windows
\start menu